Stevenson Crash Under Investigation

Chisoxrd5

linky

This could get interesting. A man involved in the accident was found with a check for 2 million dollars (from the Tribune article), more cash and fake ID's and paperwork. Plus he was driving a Kia Sportage.

I'm sure you can figure out pretty quickly why the FBI's Terrorism Task Force has jumped all over this.

Edit: this might need to be moved to that 'political' :puke board.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
linky

This could get interesting. A man involved in the accident was found with a check for 2 million dollars (from the Tribune article), more cash and fake ID's and paperwork. Plus he was driving a Kia Sportage.

I'm sure you can figure out pretty quickly why the FBI's Terrorism Task Force has jumped all over this.

Edit: this might need to be moved to that 'political'  :puke board.

This f'd up traffic majorly by my house. It was unreal. 1st avenue, Harlem, Odgden...all a mess. So I stopped at a bar and had some drinks. Always the best way to wait out traffic. :cheers

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
This f'd up traffic majorly by my house.  It was unreal.  1st avenue, Harlem, Odgden...all a mess.  So I stopped at a bar and had some drinks.  Always the best way to wait out traffic.  :cheers

Doesn't this seem like this should be getting more press. I''m a little shocked its not on the front page of the sun times or anything

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Doesn't this seem like this should be getting more press.  I''m a little shocked its not on the front page of the sun times or anything

It's possible the FBI asked to keep this as quiet as possible while investigating. If that is the case or not, who knows.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
You can agree it's fair to assume SOME illegal activity revolved around those individuals.

Sounds like he was legal. They are reporting that the checks were linked to a legit real estate deal he was on his way into the city to close.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
Sounds like he was legal. They are reporting that the checks were linked to a legit real estate deal he was on his way into the city to close.

I read a follow up in the Sun-Times this morning. Does look like I was quick to draw conclusions. They didn't mention fake ID's or the alledged 2 million in the article, but rather, only several hundred thousand and other documents which the family corroborated with proof.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
I read a follow up in the Sun-Times this morning. Does look like I was quick to draw conclusions. They didn't mention fake ID's or the alledged 2 million in the article, but rather, only several hundred thousand and other documents which the family corroborated with proof.

The channel 2 report stated that the Feds were bothered because he had ID's with several different names.. but the family explained that it was 3 families in on the deal. I guess the gas station was owned by 3 different partners and they were all in on the resl estate deal. :huh