American Idol Hottie

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
Me too. I thought the worst ones went (although it will be easier to get rid of the guys, I think there are less talented guys than girls this year--although the talented guys are AWESOME--there's just less of them).

Yeah the girls are all pretty close together, except for the top couple, and the guys go from average to really, really good. There is no doubt that there is a big gap in the talents of the dudes. I think Bucky, David, Gideon, Sway, Kevin, and Will could all be voted off without really hurting the show at all. The girls are a lot harder to call.

My prediction is that in the end you will have Paris and Taylor standing there. I am hoping Paris wins, as she will be just what they want. Hopefully Taylor won't win so that he can sign his own contract and put out the amazing album his voice is capable of putting out. He is by far the best thing I have ever seen on that show. The guys voice is outstanding, and he sings with pure heart. If you look at his list of influences, and people has worked with, the guy is 100% real to what he portrays himself as to being, even more so than Bo was last year.

But Paris...good Lord...that kid will be HUGE someday! Hopefully they find exactly what she needs to be doing, and she will dominate it. She needs to be a modern Aretha, NOT another Mariah.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
My prediction is that in the end you will have Paris and Taylor standing there. I am hoping Paris wins, as she will be just what they want. Hopefully Taylor won't win so that he can sign his own contract and put out the amazing album his voice is capable of putting out. He is by far the best thing I have ever seen on that show. The guys voice is outstanding, and he sings with pure heart. If you look at his list of influences, and people has worked with, the guy is 100% real to what he portrays himself as to being, even more so than Bo was last year.

I was thinking that earlier too. I love Taylor, but I'm not sure I want to hear him on top 40 radio stations. But I'd like him to make it far enough that it will be easy to find the album he will put out.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
The kid from Illinois needs to be voted off next week. He's, by far, the least talented of the remaining contestants. It's impossible for him to perform a song created after 1980.

He's from my home town here. I love Big Band, Swing, and the old Jazz crooners. The kid is decent, but he is a far cry from Sinatra, Crosby, Martin, or even Connick Jr. If he had the talent of Crosby, it wouldn't matter what year or style he was doing, his voice would just win everybody over.

(home town is Crystal Lake, which is where I am sitting right now...not Harvard for those looking to the left)

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
Me too. I thought the worst ones went (although it will be easier to get rid of the guys, I think there are less talented guys than girls this year--although the talented guys are AWESOME--there's just less of them).

Becky was not one of the top 5 or 6 girls, but I think she was definitely better than some of the others this week. She was better than Heather Cox and definitely better than that b**** Brenna. I also thought she was as good as Kinnik, which did not impress me at all.

I was surprised by her exit, I really was. I thought her looks/stage presence would get here through a couple of weeks until the best girls left no room for her.

As far as those who see the horse face, keep looking. This girl is HOT. Look at the makeup job in the maxim photos (which were taken in 2004) and how far up the cheek they ran their makeup. That will give you the "horse face" look along with the hair pulled back and makeup on. By all accounts, I don't know anyone that watched the show that thought she was less than stunning. Unfortunately, her voice did not measure up.

She'll end up doing well somewhere, whether it is modeling or acting. She had a pleasant presence about her. Simon's very first words before he ever even heard he sing commented on how commercial she looked.

One of my favs.....

I was wondering what you guys thought of Taylor Hicks. He is from Hoover, which is just down from my house. Music is very big in the Birmingham area, as evidenced by Ruben, Bo, Diana DeGarmo (born here but moved so she doesn't really count) and now Taylor.

He is very interesting and quirky, but has a pretty cool style. I am disappointed that I did not take advantage of an invite to go so him and his band play at a local joint a couple of weekends ago. I should have known it would have been his last appearance before the Idol live shows began.

I hope he does well, but I am honestly a bit surprised he is getting as much National love as he is. Pleasantly surprised, that is.