5-27 Tuesday game thread

cwsox

I disagree Jason.

Borchard had BARELY reached 3rd by the time the RF'er had the ball.  It was like he was running in molasses.  I don't know what he was doing, but he should have scored EASILY on that play.

If it had been Jose, the play wouldn't have even drawn a throw.

BUT, it doesn't matter much now.  That run wasn't worth 4, so BFD.

True. I saw him on third when the outfielder picked it up. I was studying during this whole thing so who the hell knows. I could be blind.

No point in arguing that play individually.

I soley stick to my guns on Jose. People actually convinced me this year that he would be worth something. I tried, yet all I ever see is worthless traits. You can say he runs, but Tom Goodwin can run and play good defense and he hits like crap. You don't see me asking for him to play. Jose has power and he's better then Goodwin, but similar situations.

Jose's just off to the same start that 90% of our team is -- a horrible one.

Assuming that all of them will just suddenly realize how to play winning baseball is looking more and more absurd as the L's pile up and all hope is dissolved.

I think I'm gonna take Jason's approach -- just watch and try not to care too much about it, because it's just too frustrating to expect the Sox to win every game when they appear to just not care.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally somebody with some f***ing baseball sense!

Jas, what happened?  You usually make great baseball commentary, but I with respect to that play/Jose I am disagreeing with vehemently.

Sometimes I can be wrong :D; I'm not wrong in regards to Jose. I could be wrong with Borchard on the play. I didn't see the jump he got and I will admit as always that Jose gets awesome jumps.

Borchard definately has a lot to learn before he is Jose on the paths.

I agree with you Jose doesn't get the stop sign because they know him. But I think if they treated the two the same, neither would of scored. Obviously Jose has more trust because he's been here and doesn't get into many mistakes.

Yes, it must have been affirmative action that did it....if Borchard is black or hispanic, I bet he gets sent

As bad as he has been, he is 3rd on the team in RBI and second in runs scored. 

1 error in last 17 games.

Give him and his assets (range, arm, DP-turning, RBI prowess, basrunning, off leadership) a chance until you can find something to replace him with.

This topic is a dead horse.

I am not saying we should start Miles and move Jimenez to 2nd. I want Jimenez to stay at 2nd with the Sox acquiring a young shortstop from AAA. Almazenga :)

Jose can be here until then, but the Sox need to retool this team the right way. Jose isn't the type of player I want around, simply because like I say I want defensive guys that don't strike out a lot and have great speed. Jose is solid, but aging and is terrible defensively.

There are quite a few things I'd change with this lineup to make it WAY WAY more balanced.

Lee and maggs would be the only vets to stay offensively if I were in charge.

I disagree Jason.

Borchard had BARELY reached 3rd by the time the RF'er had the ball.  It was like he was running in molasses.  I don't know what he was doing, but he should have scored EASILY on that play.

If it had been Jose, the play wouldn't have even drawn a throw.

BUT, it doesn't matter much now.  That run wasn't worth 4, so BFD.

True. I saw him on third when the outfielder picked it up. I was studying during this whole thing so who the hell knows. I could be blind.

No point in arguing that play individually.

I soley stick to my guns on Jose. People actually convinced me this year that he would be worth something. I tried, yet all I ever see is worthless traits. You can say he runs, but Tom Goodwin can run and play good defense and he hits like crap. You don't see me asking for him to play. Jose has power and he's better then Goodwin, but similar situations.

Jose's just off to the same start that 90% of our team is -- a horrible one.

Assuming that all of them will just suddenly realize how to play winning baseball is looking more and more absurd as the L's pile up and all hope is dissolved.

I think I'm gonna take Jason's approach -- just watch and try not to care too much about it, because it's just too frustrating to expect the Sox to win every game when they appear to just not care.

Thus far it made todays game a bit more relaxing, especially cause the whole time I was just looking for Borchard to hit; That homer was impressive.

Still, its going to be hard to take that approach until we get some TALENT up here.

By talent I mean my mixture of players. Damn, they should hire a 20 year old gm. :headbang

Jose is solid, but aging and is terrible defensively

But that's the thing- he is NOT terrible defensively when you consider how many runs he causes versus how many he saves at the end of the year. That's the biggest misconception about Jose, a subpar fielder overall but not lisbility he is portrayed as...I can understand when some people who never see the games assume he is bad because 9 errors is indeed a lot (less than Tejada, Furcal, Enfante and Garciaparra BTW)....but they don't see "when" the errors are made as well as his skills that allow him to saver a bunch of runs when it's all said and done.

You are watching games, however, so I am suprised why you don't see how many runs Crede/Jimenez/Konerko/Graffanino "brought in" defensively versus Jose.

Your rapier wit knows bounds....feel humbled by actual numbers from 2001-2002? I bet.

2002 batting averages strike me as very, very funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And humbled? Not me! Vastly amused by your defense of lousy stats in the past by what you project (ie, fantacize, make up, pretend) for the future.

2002 batting averages strike me as very, very funny!  

It'd be wholalot funnier if Jose's 2000-2002 OPS (what's that you say?) wasn't nearly a whopping 150 points higher than Clayton's, and his RBI/at bat ratio...well let's just say it doesnt come out favorably for the Choice :)

(Clayton is also one of the most overrated defensive player of all time, no range, tiny arm, Brewers are losing games because him on weekly bases. But who is counting, right?)

Deja vu.