Fav. Classic Rock Song

Yoda

This tournament started off with 40 songs and now it is down to two songs. The contest has encountered some difficult matches and some that are no brainers for certain people. But this one proves to be, in my opinion, a good one.

Vote for your favorite song by bolding it.

FINALS.

Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan vs. A Day In The Life - The Beatles

QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
This tournament started off with 40 songs and now it is down to two songs. The contest has encountered some difficult matches and some that are no brainers for certain people. But this one proves to be, in my opinion, a good one.

Vote for your favorite song by bolding it.

FINALS.

Though, as has been said, when I am sitting around, and a song comes on the radio and I say "Oh man, that f'in ROCKS" I don't think the reason behind that statement has ever been The Beatles, and it definitley has never been friggin' Bob Dylan!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)

Though, as has been said, when I am sitting around, and a song comes on the radio and I say "Oh man, that f'in ROCKS" I don't think the reason behind that statement has ever been The Beatles, and it definitley has never been friggin' Bob Dylan!

The first time I heard Dylan's part in 'We Are The World", I thought it was Eddie Murphy doing Buckwheat. That's what I think of Dylan's 'singing'.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
The first time I heard Dylan's part in 'We Are The World", I thought it was Eddie Murphy doing Buckwheat.  That's what I think of Dylan's 'singing'.

IIRC Quincy Jones had to force that "classic Dylan" sound from Dylan. As the story goes, Quincy kept asking him for that sound and Dylan wasn't folowing, finally, Stevie Wonder did a "twany" Dylan impersonation, and Dylan joined in.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)

i knew since the beginning this would win

not that i think it's the best song ever

Not even the best Beatle song ever. For classic rock, and sticking to Sgt Pepper, Either the title track or Lucy would be closer to my thought of "Classic Rock". Now my definition of Classic rock is based on decades of listening.

Picking the best definition of "classic rock" from the Beatles, Revolution comes to mind, Back in the USSR, Come Together, or Help would be more classic.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
IIRC Quincy Jones had to force that "classic Dylan" sound from Dylan. As the story goes, Quincy kept asking him for that sound and Dylan wasn't folowing, finally, Stevie Wonder did a "twany" Dylan impersonation, and Dylan joined in.

Not even the best Beatle song ever. For classic rock, and sticking to Sgt Pepper, Either the title track or Lucy would be closer to my thought of "Classic Rock". Now my definition of Classic rock is based on decades of listening.

Picking the best definition of "classic rock" from the Beatles, Revolution comes to mind, Back in the USSR, Come Together, or Help would be more classic.

Best song on Sgt. Peppers is without a doubt "Good Morning, Good Morning". But, I guess nobody else thinks its is as great as I do, or else it would have been a big hit.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Best song on Sgt. Peppers is without a doubt "Good Morning, Good Morning". But, I guess nobody else thinks its is as great as I do, or else it would have been a big hit.

It was a big hit because the whole album was a big hit. The Beatles had definately outgrown the concept of the single by that time. As a matter of fact, there was no single released for anything off of Sgt. Pepper here or in the UK.

My faves on the album that are goood rockers include Good Morning Good Morning, but also Getting Better and Lovely Rita.