Big Hurt still hurt

WinningUgly85

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 06:59 AM)
It was interesting that Macha didn't seem to know Frank's plan for Frank.  I didn't see anyone else mention that, but it was the one thing that jumped out of the article at me.

Shocking, eh?

:lolhitting

You know, everyone here seems to think that Frank is hurt, but honestly, I didn't get that impression from the article. I got the impression he is still in the processing healing, and PT, and getting back into the game. He may or may not be ready for opening day, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. I see nothing that leads me to believe he isn't progressing as one would expect someone to, coming back from the injury and procedures he had.

Frank...shut the 'f' up and play. Don't talk...do.

I mean, on the one hand, he talks about how he's disrespected by the White Sox and how they handled releasing him, and how he can't be around the team at the White House because it's uncomfortable. On the other hand, he talks about rushing back from injury because it's all about winning the ring for the team and, in his words, "We did it."

Soooo, is it we or is it I? Just pick up the stick, hit the ball, and shut up. Either way, Frank, you are going into the Hall as a White Sox, so you might as well kiss and make up now.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
Frank...shut the 'f' up and play.  Don't talk...do. 

I mean, on the one hand, he talks about how he's disrespected by the White Sox and how they handled releasing him, and how he can't be around the team at the White House because it's uncomfortable.  On the other hand, he talks about rushing back from injury because it's all about winning the ring for the team and, in his words, "We did it."

Soooo, is it we or is it I?  Just pick up the stick, hit the ball, and shut up.  Either way, Frank, you are going into the Hall as a White Sox, so you might as well kiss and make up now.

yeah that kinda bothered me too. So if he was back a month too early, we could have just waited that extra month, and had him healthy for say by August at the latest, and had a healthy Frank for the stretch run when he would be way more important. Geesh.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 07:42 AM)
You know, everyone here seems to think that Frank is hurt, but honestly, I didn't get that impression from the article.  I got the impression he is still in the processing healing, and PT, and getting back into the game.  He may or may not be ready for opening day, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.  I see nothing that leads me to believe he isn't progressing as one would expect someone to, coming back from the injury and procedures he had.

You could have said exactly the same thing last year. Word for word.

Frank again took a swipe at Kenny Williams for leaving a voicemail message about his being cut from the roster. Matter of disrespect after all those years, etc....

But I've also heard that KW tried several times to speak to Frank directly, but FT wasn't accepting the calls, so as a last resort, KW left a voicemail.

Does anyone know whose version is true? My gut tells me that Frank was indeed playing elusive, just so he could b**** about how he was being "dissed" after the fact, but I don't want to prejudge the guy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
Very true.  I'm not saying he's back - I'm saying he could go either way.  Can't write him off just yet.

Two broken bones in nearly the exact same spot says it all for me.

It's his left ankle/foot - that's the foot he puts all his weight on when he swings. When you put 270+ pounds onto a weakened object, it will crack or break. It has happened twice already, so what's going to stop it from happening again?

Frank's my favorite athlete ever by far...but his time in the league is done. I would be surprised if he got to 470 homers, let alone 500.

His reasoning for continuing to play again is pretty obvious to me - first and foremost, he wants 500 homers...that has been pretty apparent since the day he hit 400. But I also think part of him wants to be part of a World Championship team, to actually be on the roster and hit in the playoffs for a World Championship. His ring with the Sox is nice, but unlike Elway and Bettis going out on top - two players who played a large part in not only helping their teams throughout the season, but also who were vital parts of the playoff push - Thomas didn't play past June, and didn't help the Sox during the playoffs whatsoever, unless his cheerleading was vital in the team's success. He wants to go out as a member of a 25-man roster that wins the World Series. I don't think that's gonna happen.