this thread rocks

bmags

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
While there's no scale bar...based on the details that we do have, I'm going to call that a very poorly sorted, grain size from medium sand to cobble, angular to subangular unlithified litho-feldspathic subquartzose sand.

Yes, but where does that put it on the phi scale? :P

Rock tangent: It always throws my students for a loop when they are trying to grok that larger phi numbers mean smaller grain sizes.

Eh, this might as well go here (from imdb today):

Jackson Signs Without Reading Script

Pulp Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson was so amused by the title of new movie Snakes On A Plane, he signed up without reading the script. The movie features an assassin who intends to kill a passenger on a flight by releasing a batch of deadly snakes. Jackson explains, "I didn't even read the script - I just saw the title, 'Snakes on a Plane' and said 'Ok, good. I'm there.' You have got to love that. That's exactly what it is - 500 poisonous snakes released on a flight from Hawaii to Los Angeles. They are (set free) on a time release half-way there, so we can't go back, we've got to keep going. It's fun!"

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Eh, this might as well go here (from imdb today):

Jackson Signs Without Reading Script

Pulp Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson was so amused by the title of new movie Snakes On A Plane, he signed up without reading the script. The movie features an assassin who intends to kill a passenger on a flight by releasing a batch of deadly snakes. Jackson explains, "I didn't even read the script - I just saw the title, 'Snakes on a Plane' and said 'Ok, good. I'm there.' You have got to love that. That's exactly what it is - 500 poisonous snakes released on a flight from Hawaii to Los Angeles. They are (set free) on a time release half-way there, so we can't go back, we've got to keep going. It's fun!"

Have I told you that i loved you?