2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Which is probably about one year. 

Papelbon will probably be in the rotation next year, if not sooner.

Craig Hansen would be up with the big league club as the closer if he had more than 20 innings of pro baseball under his belt.

Papelbon and Lester will be worked into the rotation next season, while Hansen and Delcarmen are added to the back of the bullpen.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 05:51 AM)
Craig Hansen would be up with the big league club as the closer if he had more than 20 innings of pro baseball under his belt.

Papelbon and Lester will be worked into the rotation next season, while Hansen and Delcarmen are added to the back of the bullpen.

One thing Epstein has done (ohh wait, he's not the GM :rolly -- yeah right) is he has created a lot of depth, which I'm sure you know. It seems at every position (except catcher), they have a guy (or, in some cases two) who can fill-in for a month or so if someone went down.

I'm still not 100% sold on the pitching, but Boston 2006 is probably better than Boston 2005.

One thing Epstein has done (ohh wait, he's not the GM  :rolly -- yeah right) is he has created a lot of depth, which I'm sure you know.  It seems at every position (except catcher), they have a guy (or, in some cases two) who can fill-in for a month or so if someone went down.

I'm still not 100% sold on the pitching, but Boston 2006 is probably better than Boston 2005.

I think they almost HAVE to be better just because of how putrid they were last season. :D

2005 Red Sox:

24th ranked pitching staff in MLB

19th ranked starting rotation in MLB

29th ranked bullpen in MLB

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
I think they almost HAVE to be better just because of how putrid they were last season.  :D

2005 Red Sox:

They're also a year older than they were last season, except for Beckett, and well, he was hurt all last year anyway.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
One thing Epstein has done (ohh wait, he's not the GM  :rolly -- yeah right) is he has created a lot of depth, which I'm sure you know.  It seems at every position (except catcher), they have a guy (or, in some cases two) who can fill-in for a month or so if someone went down.

Theo Epstein is the General Manager of the Red Sox. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but I definitly agree with you.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
I think they almost HAVE to be better just because of how putrid they were last season.  :D

2005 Red Sox:

How the Red Sox made the playoffs last year with that pitching staff is beyond me. It just shows how good that offense was.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
They're also a year older than they were last season, except for Beckett, and well, he was hurt all last year anyway.

The 2006 Red Sox, in my opinion, are the best team on paper in baseball, and possibly superior to the 04 squad. Although the games are played for a reason.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
The 2006 Red Sox, in my opinion, are the best team on paper in baseball, and possibly superior to the 04 squad.  Although the games are played for a reason.

I can see how you'd say they'd be superior to the 04 team, but I just can't say that I see them as the best team on paper. If everyone (Foulke, Schilling, David Wells, Mike Lowell, Beckett) was healthy and performed at 100% of their abilities, they're top 2-3 on paper, but I don't have good reason yet to think that they are or will be for the whole season. Especially that pitching staff.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
I can see how you'd say they'd be superior to the 04 team, but I just can't say that I see them as the best team on paper.  If everyone (Foulke, Schilling, David Wells, Mike Lowell, Beckett) was healthy and performed at 100% of their abilities, they're top 2-3 on paper, but I don't have good reason yet to think that they are or will be for the whole season.  Especially that pitching staff.

To each his own.

However, the second most talented team in my opinion is the Chicago White Sox, and while the White Sox rotation is better, the bullpens are comparable, and the Red Sox offense is far superior.

Thats why I love baseball though, this season will be fun.

To each his own.

However, the second most talented team in my opinion is the Chicago White Sox, and while the White Sox rotation is better, the bullpens are comparable, and the Red Sox offense is far superior.

Thats why I love baseball though, this season will be fun.

I would take the White Sox rotation over the Red Sox rotation all day long. But I think I would take the Red Sox bullpen over our current bullpen.

Lenny DiNardo

Keith Foulke

Jonathan Papelbon

David Riske

Rudy Seanez

Julian Tavarez

Mike Timlin