2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Adkins had a 0.00 ERA in 12 innings at AAA....how the hell did that happen?

And thanks to the Cubs, his ERA at the big league level this season has now dropped below 10!

QUOTE(Brian @ May 12, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
3 errors so far in the 5th for the Cubbies. Too funny.

Cedeno threw a ball in the dugout cuz he thought time was called when nobody asked for it. Have up 5 that inning. Would of loved to hear Santo.

Barrett started some stuff with Dave Roberts as he scored for no reason.

I saw that. Roberts crossed homeplate and Barrett said something to him as he went by, and Roberts took exception to it.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Also 5 BB's in 5 innings. But impressive none the less.

With the Sox game blacked out on Extra Innings I decided to watch this game just to see him pitch. The walks could be a concern but it was his first MLB start against a pretty good offensive team in a hitters park; I'm sure the nerves were runnin' a bit. The thing that most impressed me about the kid was the horrible swings those batters were taking. Pitches WELL out of the zone and they're flailing at them. He's obviously deceiving hitters very well with his pitch selection and delivery.

I've got my waiver claim in on him already in my money league.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 13, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
This Hamels rook from Philly is looking REALLY sharp in his first ML start, outside of some walks. Had a no-no going through 4 2/3. 7Ks, 5BBs, 1H, 0R through 5. This kid dominated in the minors...just a lil heads up to you fantasy players.

When those Abreu for JC rumors were occuring a few months ago, the prospects I wanted from Philly wasn't Floyd, it was Cole Hamels. This guy's gonna be a flat out stud if he can stay healthy.

I was flipping through the channels and saw Maddux being interviewed and I thought I caught him saying something about "we lost 10-5 at least it wasn't 10-1" anyone else see it? I am pretty sure he said that cause he gave a little laugh after that.

How many games are they under .500 again?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
The single season RBI leader is Hack Wilson who, in 1930, drove in 191 runs. Albert Pujols will break that record (he's on pace to be right around there as of May 14th).

True statement?

False, he'll soon be walked unmercifully, however this will lead to Edmonds and Rolen driving in a lot more runs. Which in turn will lead to Pujols seeing more pitches to hit and a pick up in RBI production but that small lull will kill any chance he has of reaching 190+ RBI.

He will however, win the triple crown in the NL.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 14, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
0-7 vs the Padres? :lol:

Well they have won 14 out of 15 (although half against the Cubs, but take that out and it's still 7 of 8).

As for the Cubs, I think it's being said loud and clear right now that as big of a problem Dusty is, Hendry is a bigger problem. He's obviously one of the worst GM's in the game as his 92 million dollar team continues to suck at amazing levels and wait for their 2 china doll pitchers to come back. Dusty will be gone after this year, but Hendry won't and thus they will continue to blow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
The Braves are seriously my 2nd favorite team in baseball. I just love their young players and the style of ball they play.

Like today, when with 2 outs LaRoche walks to the bag, is beaten there by Johnson, and thus the Nats got 4 free runs as a result? ;).

With the Cubs losing to the Padres, they got swept in a season series for the first time in franchise history. I love seeing the franchise sink to new lows. Also, in the last 6 games at Wrigley, 3 pitchers have recorded their 1st career complete game. All beat the Cubs. :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
With the Cubs losing to the Padres, they got swept in a season series for the first time in franchise history. I love seeing the franchise sink to new lows. Also, in the last 6 games at Wrigley, 3 pitchers have recorded their 1st career complete game. All beat the Cubs. :headbang :headbang

i HATE people like you.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)

You are completely obsessed