2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(SnB @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
i HATE people like you.

^^^

People who put as much, or more passion, into hating the Cubs as liking the Sox really piss me off. It almost seems like they're just "Sox fans" because they aren't the Cubs. A couple of days ago, the Sox lost, and one of friend's came up to me and is like, "Well, at least the Cubs loss". Maybe I've matured out of it, but I take no more solace in seeing the Cubs lose. Am I rooting for them to win? Nah, but I'm much more concerned with the likes of the Indians, Tigers, and Twins.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past 2-3 years, with the World Series win I couldn't give 2 s***s about the Cubs anymore. I used to hate them but really I do not care at all anymore.

When they lose I laugh, when they win I don't care. The Cubs don't even effect me at all anymore.

Plenty of teams I want to see lose over the Cubs.

Edited by WHarris1

^^^

People who put as much, or more passion, into hating the Cubs as liking the Sox really piss me off. It almost seems like they're just "Sox fans" because they aren't the Cubs. A couple of days ago, the Sox lost, and one of friend's came up to me and is like, "Well, at least the Cubs loss". Maybe I've matured out of it, but I take no more solace in seeing the Cubs lose. Am I rooting for them to win? Nah, but I'm much more concerned with the likes of the Indians, Tigers, and Twins.

Even though I hate the Cubs guts, I have always rooted for them to win vs. an AL team not the White Sox, b/c every game counts and those games could be the difference b/t making the playoffs and missing the playoffs.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Even though I hate the Cubs guts, I have always rooted for them to win vs. an AL team not the White Sox, b/c every game counts and those games could be the difference b/t making the playoffs and missing the playoffs.

OK. I'm not the smartest guy in the world. But huh?

Edit: I see what you meant now.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Reds setup man/closer Kent Mercker is hitting the 15 day DL.

It's been 15 days, but Brian Roberts isn't ready to come off the DL yet.

Tanyon Sturtze is also hitting the 15 day DL.

Julian Perez, an Atlanta Braves scouting supervisor who had been with the organization in 1992, was killed in a car accident early Sunday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Bobby Cox was inducted into the Georgia Sports hall of fame.

Chad Tracy has been given a 4 year extension by the D-Backs.

The Indians sold reliever Steve Karsay to the Athletics for an undisclosed amount of cash.

Edited by Balta1701

Scaryness . . .

Latest News

May. 15, 2006 - 1:25 pm et

Francisco Liriano will move into the rotation and start Friday against the Brewers.

He'll be replacing Carlos Silva. If Liriano was somehow dropped in your mixed league, grab him now. He'll be on a rather low pitch count initially, so he may not be all that valuable right off. However, he could easily be one of the top 10 or 15 starters in the AL over the rest of the season.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
That is more than ridiculous

18 wins for Santana and 17 for Liriano, what's so outragoues about that? :huh

I was thinking more like 40 combined, I think the Twins fans are being a bit conservative on that prediction.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 15, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)

I was thinking more like 40 combined, I think the Twins fans are being a bit conservative on that prediction.

f***ing man-crushes.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 15, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)

That would be 35 wins in about 49 starts between the 2.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
I have no idea where to put this but...

Dan Plesac is the best analyst on Comcast. Period.

Dan Plesac sucks and you are stupid. You do realize he picked the Cubs to have a better record than the Sox this year right? RIGHT?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 15, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Dan Plesac sucks and you are stupid. You do realize he picked the Cubs to have a better record than the Sox this year right? RIGHT?

That was obviously just being a blind homer. He, unlike anyone else on the entire station, know s*** about baseball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:32 AM)
Chad Tracy has been given a 4 year extension by the D-Backs.

I remember during the off-season, when I wanted to trade for Tracy before we got Thome, that some people thought he may be due for a regression this season, kind of like Aaron Rowand in 2005. Looks like that isn't the case so far. :D

Well Plesac has the most annoying voice I've ever heard, thought the Cubs would be better than the Sox this year, is a blind Cubs homer and talks like a Tribune employee, and acts like a know it all and ends up looking s***faced when the Cubs lose every day. Other than that, I like him too.

Nationals Manager and Hall of Famer Frank Robinson missed tonight's game with the Cubs due to back spasms. Dustin Hermanson will coach in his place.

Roger Clemens has stepped up his workouts, and could be ready to pitch in about 3 weeks.

J.J. Hardy has been placed on the 15 day DL by the Brew Crew.

Mike Lieberthal has a small fracture in his knee and will miss about 2 weeks.

Tomorrow = Lima Time! I will take bets about how many home runs Pujols will wind up with tomorrow.

Kyle Davies may hit the DL after straining his groin while pitching for the Braves on Monday.