2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
I swear it is like dealing with the Cubs fans when it comes to Frank... I forgot he can do no wrong... Carry on.

Did you honestly learn anything new from his comments? As far as I can see, he told us everything we already know. Apparently all Frank does is wrong. Since being honest is such an awful thing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
I swear it is like dealing with the Cubs fans when it comes to Frank... I forgot he can do no wrong... Carry on.

Yeah you're probably right the big Skirt should just shut his f***ing mouth and go buy a new dress or something because he's a big woman and he should drink tea or something, go try on some shoes or *obligatory demeaning remark stating that Frank Thomas is anything but a man*.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 21, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
This nearly made me fall off my chair.

Whoa, is that THE G-man? The same G-Man who has been suspended from pretty much every sox website ever created?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like that brawl really turned a corner for the Cubs!!!

4-0 Marlins in the Top of the 4th. Marshall should consider himself lucky Miguel Olivo grounded into an inning ending double play.

Nolasco has more homers than Pierre. (Nolasco was part of that terrible trade for the Scrubs.)

Jake Peavy strikes out 16 men in 7 innings tonight, but is pinch hit for because the Padres were down 2-0 as Ryan Langerhans hit a 2 run homer in the 1st (the only ball hit out of the infield all night). Lame.

And the Cubs are beaten 9-1 in a game pitched by all former Cubs farmhands, and 2 of the 3 guys they gave up for .267 OBP rent a player Juan Pierre. It's just too funny.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Jake Peavy strikes out 16 men in 7 innings tonight, but is pinch hit for because the Padres were down 2-0 as Ryan Langerhans hit a 2 run homer in the 1st (the only ball hit out of the infield all night). Lame.

And the Cubs are beaten 9-1 in a game pitched by all former Cubs farmhands, and 2 of the 3 guys they gave up for .267 OBP rent a player Juan Pierre. It's just too funny.

im glad Barrett ignited that huge run to the playoffs. After this series, I laugh at these dickweeks.

God I hope they resign Dusty.

WHY IS THERE NO SEPARATE CUBS THREAD

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
im glad Barrett ignited that huge run to the playoffs. After this series, I laugh at these dickweeks.

God I hope they resign Dusty.

WHY IS THERE NO SEPARATE CUBS THREAD

They have to earn it before we should bother caring about them enough to give them their own thread.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
They have to earn it before we should bother caring about them enough to give them their own thread.

I used to not care about this "franchise".

But, with the evergrowing coverups, the run-ins with Sullivan and Stone, and the lies they have been spewing over the brawl.....WE need to trace their downfalls and such.

The Yankees placed pitcher Shawn Chacon on the 15 day DL. He had a hematoma in his left leg drained yesterday. They recalled outfielder Terrence Long to take his roster spot.

Orioles Pitcher Hayden Penn was called up and scheduled to make his first start of the season yesterday, when he suddenly had to have his appendix removed. Onto the 15 day DL goes he.

David Wells will eat his way to his first start since April this Friday.

Players only meeting for the Royals. Please just win 1 against Detroit? Pretty Please?

Gary Sheffield went 1-3 in a AA rehab start. He's now on his way to join the big league club.

The Twinkies placed Shannon Stewart on the 15 day DL and recalled Jason Kubel.

Carl Pavano hopes to pitch again this season. Surgery now, bone spurs in elbow. Thank God the Yankees spend their money on these sorts of guys.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 23, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
The Yankees placed pitcher Shawn Chacon on the 15 day DL. He had a hematoma in his left leg drained yesterday. They recalled outfielder Terrence Long to take his roster spot.

Just as soon as i traded for him in my fantasy league...as hawk would say..."BS!"

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 24, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
Everybody in a White Sox uniform Shalt Not Pitch to Albert Pujols.

Fixed.

Ryan Madson had a rough day. He pitched 7 innings of real good relief and took a loss

Yeah, that game ended up going 16 I believe. Madson had pitched 7 scoreless in relief, tossing over 100 pitches. He came out for inning #8 and Beltran led it off with a walk off shot.

Also as I mentioned in another thread, Chris Ray got a save in a game his team won by 10 and he only pitched 4 outs. He got the last out of the 8th with the O's up 5-4 and a man on 3rd, watched his team score 9 in the 9th, then pitch a perfect 9th for the save.