2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor issue here, but how is Pujols the "power performer of the night". ESPNEWS blows, I know Pujols had a GREAT night, but his team lost. The winner of this award should be Ryan Freel, who was 5 for 5 with 2 stolen bases, 2 runs scored, 2 doubles, great defense, and his team won 3-0 over the suddenly PATHETIC Indians.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do my eyes deceive me? Did Pappelbon blow a save today?

A home run down the right field line that just hooked around the pole. Not a home run in any other park. His era doubled from a whopping .23 to .46...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shrek with another walk off hit, unbelievable. All set up by a walk to Mark Loretta in front of him. :headshake

The Youkilis double to tie it was equally as impressive as the walk. What a ballgame.

John Patterson was just taken out of the game in the 4th inning against the Blue Jays. He was throwing 91-92 MPH at the beginning of the game but by the start of the 4th inning he was down around 85-86. Something is wrong with Patterson's arm . . . again.

Kinney in, Perez out

Josh Kinney has been called up from Memphis and is expected to be present by game time, though I didn't see him in the clubhouse before I headed upstairs at 11:30 a.m. CT. Kinney threw two innings for Memphis last night, but needed only 21 pitches to do so, and TLR says he's available to pitch today.

Timo Perez is out, though at this minute I'm not sure of the actual transaction -- DFA or waived or what. I don't believe he can be optioned.

That leaves the Cards with 13 pitchers, a situation that obviously won't last for very long.

Currently playing on the iPod: The Cure, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me

-M.

Posted by Matthew Leach on Sunday, 02 July 2006 at 11:46 AM

319467.jpg

Josh Kinney: 1-2 1.62 ERA, 50 IP, 1 SV, 1.02 WHIP - PCL All-Star

319476.jpg

Timo Perez: .240 AVG (6/25), 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 R, .296 OBP

- It needed to be made.. a little shakeup is needed!