2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone find me a list of players who have put together hit streaks of thirty or better?

Willy Taveras just got to #30. Is he the worst player ever to have a hit streak of hit streak of 30 or better? I mean, it's pretty pathetic -- even with thirty straight games with hits, the guy is still only putting up a line of .284/.335/.345. Freakin' Scott Podsednik is doing better then that.

I still can't believe some people were willing to trade Jose Contreras for a package centered around him and Brad Lidge...

Hell it wasn't even Brad Lidge.

It was Wheeler or Qualls.

where is WCSox and his hundreds of rolly eyes smilies?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
Aside for just biased Sox hate, I have a hard time not liking the Twins, and the organization. They just go about things the right way, and always seem to have a plan A,B, and C.

Which is why whenever the Sox are eliminated, I am the Twins #1 fairweather fan.

I am in complete and total agreement with you. People talk about how Ozzie is a good manager because of his off the field managing skills. You think Joe Mauer wouldn't run through a wall if Gardy asked him too?

And beyond that, Gardenhire is one of the best in-game managers in the league too...from what I have seen of him anyways. He always puts guys in good positions to succeed. In doing so, he slowly builds his player's confidence. Willie Eyre, to start the year, was a AAAA reliever who had no chance of pitching for anyone else. As of Saturday night, he shut the Sox down for 2 innings in the Twins most important game of the year. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK?

Gardy is awesome, and so are the Twins. I just hate saying that with the Sox 0.5 GB.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
Every time I see Nick Swisher play, I end up saying to myself that he has to be the dumbest baseball player I've ever seen.

Something i missed? I've alwas been kinda fond of Swisher

According to SportsCenter, with Chin Mang Wang (SP?) winning his 16th game today he now must be included in the Cy Young race along side guys like Santana, Halladay and Verlander.

ERA WHIP BAA K BB

Santana: 3.01 1.02 .221 196 39

Halladay: 3.12 1.08 .251 111 26

Verlander:3.42 1.27 .258 106 48

Wang: 3.66 1.29 .271 62 49

Looks like a 2 man race to me and frankly it's not even that close. Also, there was no mention of Jon Garland and his 16 wins, you'd figure since ESPN appearantly values wins so much that they'd include a guy who's only 1 of 3 guys in baseball to reach the 16 win plateau this season.

Geoff Blum was 0-for-4 on Wednesday, but has 10 RBI in his last nine games.

Trevor Hoffman is seven saves shy of Lee Smith's all-time save record.

Ryan Howard is the first player with 40 RBIs in a month since Ryan Klesko in 2001.

Link

Boston Red Sox rookie left-hander Jon Lester has a form of lymphoma and will start treatment in the coming week, the team announced Friday.

Enlarged lymph nodes were identified when Lester, 22, was tested to determine the cause of back pain that sent him to the disabled list last Monday. The club said Friday he has a treatable form of anaplastic large cell lymphoma.

Ryan Howard just hit ANOTHER homerun he now has 2 on the day as well as 3 RBIs. He now has 51 HRs and 132 RBIs and it's only September 3rd, if he gets REAL hot he could become the first non-steroid user to ever hit 62 HRs in a single season. He is a monster.

Michael Barrett is expected to miss Sunday's game after being hit in the groin with a foul ball.

Derrek Lee is will likely have Sunday off after starting two straight games, so backup catcher Henry Blanco will start at first and Geovany Soto will catch. Barrett could miss two or three games due to the injury.

It could've been worse. Had he actually own a set of balls, he may have actually felt something.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
After looking at it, I didnt realize he was 26...

Yeah, sadly he spent 4 years in the minors after being drafted at the age of 21, Albert Pujols is actually 2 months younger than Howard and has a 4 year head start in the bigs.

Ryan Howard disappoints in his 4th and final AB, lining a single into CF and going 4-4 on the day with 3 HRs and 4 RBI.

In other news MVP#2 in the NL, Albert Pujols has 5 RBI so far today (5th inning) and oh year he also has 3 HRs on the day, 42 on the year.

The NL MVP candidates are putting on a show today.

Howard: 4-4, 3 HR, 4 RBI

Pujols: 3-3, 3 HR, 5 RBI

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Howard still has another game to put on a show. :)

I totally forgot they were playing a double header today, Howard could end up with 54-55 HRs before the day is through. :o

Also Albert Pujols has 3 more innings left today as well.

Albert Pujols in his 4th AB flew out to the warning track in LF so he's 3-4, 3 HRs and will likely not get another AB.

Fabio Castro gave it up for the Phils in the 9th with the braves getting 4 runs to tie it up and send it to the bottom half of the final frame, a Jimmy Rollins single tied it up and Shane Victorino came to the plate with runners on 2nd and 3rd and Ryan Howard on deck. Sadly Victorino ended it with a single to right leaving Howard in the on deck circle he finishes the day 4-4 with 3 HRs and 4 RBI.