2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Pujols has 1,000 career hits and he's 26 years old...

It's gonna be incredible tracking this guys career.

I have a feeling he'll intentionally walked more times in his career than Bonds. He's just incredible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
did anyone catch the clip on ESPN News today. The Brew Crew hit 5 homeruns in the 4th inning, tying a Major League record

4 off one pitcher

I was at a Sox game on May 26, 1996(my birthday) when Thomas, Baines, Ventura went back to back to back, and then Lyle Mouton hit a single, and Chad Kreuter followed with another homerun. I think it was all against Mike Fetters too.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
I was at a Sox game on May 26, 1996(my birthday) when Thomas, Baines, Ventura went back to back to back, and then Lyle Mouton hit a single, and Chad Kreuter followed with another homerun.  I think it was all against Mike Fetters too.

That is incredibly similar to what the Sox did last year against Johnson, last year it was 2-3-4 hitting the HRs with the catcher hitting the 4th HR and it being a 3 run HR. In 96 it was 3-4-5 and the catcher hitting the 4th HR but it was a 2 run HR.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
I was at a Sox game on May 26, 1996(my birthday) when Thomas, Baines, Ventura went back to back to back, and then Lyle Mouton hit a single, and Chad Kreuter followed with another homerun.  I think it was all against Mike Fetters too.

Your birthday is May 26, too?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
That is incredibly similar to what the Sox did last year against Johnson, last year it was 2-3-4 hitting the HRs with the catcher hitting the 4th HR and it being a 3 run HR. In 96 it was 3-4-5 and the catcher hitting the 4th HR but it was a 2 run HR.

The homerun that still sticks out to me was Harold Baines. It was a linedrive to left field, and I swear to god that ball didnt go over 15 feet off the ground. It was just a smash. Kreuters homerun was surprising though, because it was a bomb, about halfway up the RF bleachers.

Edited by kyyle23

Latest News

Apr. 23, 2006 - 2:28 pm et

Mariners designated outfielder Joe Borchard for assignment.

Borchard hadn't received an at-bat in 12 days, as manager Mike Hargrove made it clear that he preferred Willie Bloomquist as the alternative to Jeremy Reed in center field. Borchard will have to report to Triple-A Tacoma if he clears waivers.

Ouch, knocked off the 25 man by Willie Bloomquist.

I'd say there's not much of a chance of him clearing waivers. Someone will pick him up and keep him as their 4th OFer.

So yesterday, the Brewers beat the Reds 11-0 behind a complete game by their starter. Today, the Reds win 11-0 at Milwaukee behind a complete game by their starter. Wonder when the last time that happened was, 2 teams play each other on back to back days, each team wins 1 of the games 11-0, both teams get 9 innings from the winning pitcher.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
So yesterday, the Brewers beat the Reds 11-0 behind a complete game by their starter.  Today, the Reds win 11-0 at Milwaukee behind a complete game by their starter.  Wonder when the last time that happened was, 2 teams play each other on back to back days, each team wins 1 of the games 11-0, both teams get 9 innings from the winning pitcher.

After a nice 5-0 start for the Brewers, they have gone 3-9 since.

Appearantly the Marlins offered up a trade of Dontrelle Willis straight up for David Wright this spring. The trade was immediately nixed by Minaya and rightfully so. I gotta say I wouldn't even think about this trade in my mind Wright >>> Willis, of course I don't think Willis is as good as most people do but come on David Wright is/going to be the best 3B in the NL. 5 tools and all of them above average, you don't let that go.

Great idea by the Fish. You trade a pitcher with high value before he gets paid and with that trade you can move Cabrera back to the outfield and have a stud at 3rd base in Wright. Plus, the Fish have about a million stud arms in their system. But in the end, that trade is so obvious that even the Mets rejected it ASAP.

This Zambrano is a f***ing joke. This clown just broke his bat over his knee after striking out.

Hey, s***head, you're down 3-0 and you gave up bomb.

Work on throwing some strikes.

I don't care how what "stuff" this douche has, if he continues to wear his heart on his sleeve, he won't amount to anything. If I had a nickel for everytime this guy stomped around the mound, or got flustered, or yelled on the mound or in the clubhouse I'd buy some scout seats.

Do you ever see Buehrle pull that s***? No sir.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
This Zambrano is a f***ing joke.  This clown just broke his bat over his knee after striking out.

Hey, s***head, you're down 3-0 and you gave up bomb.

Work on throwing some strikes.

I don't care how what "stuff" this douche has, if he continues to wear his heart on his sleeve, he won't amount to anything.  If I had a nickel for everytime this guy stomped around the mound, or got flustered, or yelled on the mound or in the clubhouse I'd buy some scout seats.

Do you ever see Buehrle pull that s***?  No sir.

He's an absolute piece of s*** on the field. Intensity is fine....being a whiny little b**** is just pathetic at this level.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
He's an absolute piece of s*** on the field.  Intensity is fine....being a whiny little b**** is just pathetic at this level.

It's unprofessional in the extreme. This guy beats himself.

What a f***ing clown. He's perfect on the Northside. All show and no go.

Cubs are making a comeback in the 8th. Bases juiced, no outs. 3-1 Marlins.

And its a tie game on a 2 RBI single for Matt Murton, 3-3 game with runners on first and second, one out.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Cubs are making a comeback in the 8th.  Bases juiced, no outs. 3-1 Marlins.

The Marlins are an absolute f***ing disgrace. Their lineup tonight might be the worst I've ever seen. They have one legit MLB hitter in their lineup in Cabrera, and the rest are guys who could easily be in AAA.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Cubs are making a comeback in the 8th.  Bases juiced, no outs. 3-1 Marlins.

And its a tie game on a 2 RBI single for Matt Murton, 3-3 game with runners on first and second, one out.

Don't forget that the Marlins would be in great shape if dumbass Cabrera would have just stepped on 3rd base to get the first out.