2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Don't forget that the Marlins would be in great shape if dumbass Cabrera would have just stepped on 3rd base to get the first out.

Oh yea, definitely, but I don't think it was that stupid to throw home. Considering the play that he made at third (he had to go up high to get the ball), he probably should have just tagged third, but throwing home there isn't that uncommon.

And thats the game, 6-3 Cubs. They made that final play interesting :P

Edited by Felix

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Francouer is hitting .184/.203/.316 so far this season, and he's hitting just .220/.264/.360 for his last 220 ABs.

There was a ton of love for this guy around here last July. "Where is our Francouer?" To which, Keith and I both said he was in for some real trouble ahead due to his non-existent control of the strikezone.

Looks like the league has figured him out.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Jeff Francouer is hitting .184/.203/.316 so far this season, and he's hitting just .220/.264/.360 for his last 220 ABs.

There was a ton of love for this guy around here last July. "Where is our Francouer?" To which, Keith and I both said he was in for some real trouble ahead due to his non-existent control of the strikezone.

Looks like the league has figured him out.

Funny you mentioned this...

After i went through the braves boxscore right now i was about to mention how i said at the end of last season... and the off-season that he will be lucky to crack .260 this season. I have a feeling that is a safe bet...

Well the Cubs picked up their 2nd straight hard fought win over the mighty Marlins. They should be proud of themselves right now, 4th place in the NL (lol, the NL, lol) Central, and 2nd place in their own city. The love I'm sure they will get on talk radio and in the papers tomorrow will be well deserved indeed.

Oh, and especially surprising is another Reds win last night. They are playing very well despite starting the season with a boatload of road games. Edwin Encarnacion and Brandon Phillips continue to destroy the ball, and somehow setup man Todd Coffey continues to be unhittable.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
How old is roberto hernandez?  seems like he's been around forever.

He is 41 years old and surprisingly this is only his 16th year in the league. He got his first real chance to pitch regularly in '92 at the age of 27 with the Sox.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
pujols with the game winnign hit.

f***ing ridiculous

Ok...so here are your options...walk Pujols, and load the bases with 1 out, thus setting up a GW sac fly for Rolen...

or pitch to Pujols.

No, choking yourself with the rosin bag is not an option.

And Isringhausen blew his 2nd save today. His ERA is 6.75. Man, some of the best closers of the last few years are really suffering this year. Lidge, Issy, Gagne, Foulke.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Can anyone watching the Cubs game tell me how bad the throwing error by Hanley was?  Would it have been a double play with a good throw?

Hanley should have just stuck it in his pocket. Even with a perfect throw Hairston still would have beat it out, instead Ramirez ends up throwing it 5 feet over Jacobs' head at first.

Bronson Arroyo improved to 4-0 with a 2.34 by throwing 8 innings of 1 hit ball in a 5-0 win over the Natties. Reds must be feeling good about that trade right about now, he's actually 1 out away from being 5-0.

Ben Sheets pitched 6 strong innings as the Brewers beat the Braves 5-4 to complete a 3 game sweep, get Sheets his 1st win this year, and seemingly get the Brewers back on the right track.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Before Cubs fans start to tell you how great they are, you might want to point out their upcmoing June schedule. Goodness, that's a ridiculously hard schedule they're going to face. Lots of games vs the Cards, Astros, Reds, White Sox, Tiger, Twins, and Indians.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
Before Cubs fans start to tell you how great they are, you might want to point out their upcmoing June schedule.  Goodness, that's a ridiculously hard schedule they're going to face.  Lots of games vs the Cards, Astros, Reds, White Sox, Tiger, Twins, and Indians.

That and the fact they are in 4th place in the NL Central and 2nd place in Chicago right now.

I will say this about the Cubs.....the fact they have to place us 6 times every year while the Cards get to play Kansas City is a big advantage for the Redbirds.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
That and the fact they are in 4th place in the NL Central and 2nd place in Chicago right now.

Neither of that means s*** right now though. They're 4th place in the Central, but we're 20 games into the season, it's not August. Their record is good, and playing the Marlins couldn't have come at a better time for them. Something I've noticed is that they seem to have a horse shoe up their ass so far this year. They've received a lot of lucky plays/errors by other teams that have allowed them to win games they shouldn't have.