2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
Ruth = white

Aaron = black

There, now you know why Bonds wants Ruth so bad. But that's pefectly acceptable...

Yeah, it's fine to be racist if your black. Now if your white and racist, die die die!! This country is so hypocritical about racial issues, you can be a racist ass!!! as long as your black.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
They say May 17. So that would 18, 19, 20, 21 he's off and then his next start. But watch, they'll make up some excuse when May 17 comes.

I'd love to see him make his first start against us and then get knocked the f#*% out.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
He's washed up, and he just got lucky at the start.

That start was a lot more than luck. That was Guile. That was skill. Greg Maddux is still one of the smartest pitchers in the game, and age is not going to change that. There will be plenty of nights when his arm just can't do what it used to, but there's going to be plenty of others when his arm is just right on the money. Especially if the Cubs don't overwork him (with that manager, not bloody likely).

Edited by Balta1701

Maddux found a mixture of bad opponents, wind blowing in days, some luck, some smarts, and some offensive help to get off to that start. I think the Maddux of 2004 and 2005 is back to say now, but he's still a decent pitcher.

As for the Cubs, don't you think they'd LOVE to have John Koronka back. He's only 25 years old, a lefty, and is now 4-1 with a 3.65 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 25 to 12 K/BB ratio in 44.1 IP for the freaking Rangers. Nice job letting him go Flubs, you really got a king's ransom for him in Freddie Bynum, who is out of options and probably will be released outright because of how horrendously bad he is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 9, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Maddux found a mixture of bad opponents, wind blowing in days, some luck, some smarts, and some offensive help to get off to that start.  I think the Maddux of 2004 and 2005 is back to say now, but he's still a decent pitcher.

As for the Cubs, don't you think they'd LOVE to have John Koronka back.  He's only 25 years old, a lefty, and is now 4-1 with a 3.65 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 25 to 12 K/BB ratio in 44.1 IP for the freaking Rangers.  Nice job letting him go Flubs, you really got a king's ransom for him in Freddie Bynum, who is out of options and probably will be released outright because of how horrendously bad he is.

Koronka was impressive against the Twins last night. Of course, it was the Twins.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 9, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
Babe Ruth hit more homeruns in a season than most of the teams did in his ERA.  Neither Aaron now Bonds will ever be half the player Ruth was.

To be honest, I find the fact that Ruth could have been a hall of fame pitcher if he had wanted to be just as if not more impressive than him hitting more homers than most teams every year. But I agree with your premise.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 9, 2006 -> 05:25 AM)
As for the Cubs, don't you think they'd LOVE to have John Koronka back. He's only 25 years old, a lefty, and is now 4-1 with a 3.65 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 25 to 12 K/BB ratio in 44.1 IP for the freaking Rangers. Nice job letting him go Flubs, you really got a king's ransom for him in Freddie Bynum, who is out of options and probably will be released outright because of how horrendously bad he is.

You're overrating Koronka. He's had a couple of nice starts. He's not very good, and should revert to his suck-ness sooner rather than later.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 9, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
You're overrating Koronka. He's had a couple of nice starts. He's not very good, and should revert to his suck-ness sooner rather than later.

Even if correct, giving up a 25 year old lefty who obviously had some potential for some toolsy bum named Bynum who plays a position you already have system overload at is flat out stupid.

Oh, and that ball would have been 714 if Pierre didn't get it. He wasn't as high up as Pods or anything, but it was heading out.

Pink bats are part of fund-raiser for cancer foundation

Associated Press

Updated: May 9, 2006, 10:53 PM ET

mlb_a_pink_275.jpg

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Hulking Jim Thome. Rugged Manny Ramirez. Brawny Adam Dunn.

"The thought of these big macho men, swinging pink bats to help women with breast cancer ... what a novel idea," Louisville Slugger president John Hillerich said Tuesda

Derek Jeter, David Eckstein and Marcus Giles are among dozens of players who intend to try them Sunday. This is the first time pink has been approved for bats -- dyed at the Louisville Slugger factory, they're usually black, brown, reddish or white.

More than 400 bats were being made for 50-plus players. David Ortiz, Jim Edmonds, Mark Teixeira, Michael Young and Hank Blalock were also on the list.

[More in URL]

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
Even if correct, giving up a 25 year old lefty who obviously had some potential for some toolsy bum named Bynum

You got to be kidding me. And don't even bring age into that conversation cause Bynum was born the same year as Koronka (1980) Your a smart poster wsf101 (one of the better ones here) but your way off base on this one.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
You got to be kidding me. And don't even bring age into that conversation cause Bynum was born the same year as Koronka (1980) Your a smart poster wsf101 (one of the better ones here) but your way off base on this one.

you never trade lefties for nothing. bynum is just a fast runner, he cant field, or hit.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
you never trade lefties for nothing. bynum is just a fast runner, he cant field, or hit.

Lefty or not, he's really not good at all. I'm with Keith and Ace on this one.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
Lefty or not, he's really not good at all. I'm with Keith and Ace on this one.

I guess he was that cubs curse, anyone they trade, ends up much better with another team. he is having a pretty good year, thus far.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)

Does Koronka suck?? Haha probably, but you don't trade a 25 year old lefty pitcher who obviously at least has SOME ability for a 2nd basemen (even if he's only 25 as well) when you already have a few on the roster. Just my opinion though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101