2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole Hamels will miss his next scheduled start against the Mets with shoulder soreness.

Tim Worrel was placed on the 15 day DL by the Giants

Jason Botts was called up from AAA by the Rangers and replaced the struggling Phil Nevin as their DH.

Kendry Morales was 3/5 with a home run in his ML Debut with the Angels.

Chris Carpenter will miss his next start with swelling in his back.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 24, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
El Duque for Jorge Julio per ESPN Radio

Here is rotoworlds take.

ccording to ESPNews, the Mets have acquired Orlando Hernandez from the Diamondbacks for Jorge Julio.

What a hideous deal for the Diamondbacks. They had far more use for a starter like El Duque than a mediocre middle relief if they intended to contend this year, and Julio shouldn't be in their plans for the future. The Mets get a decent fourth starter to plug into the rotation, though whether Hernandez will be healthy enough to contribute down the stretch is anyone's guess. His fantasy value increases with the trade. May. 24 - 5:58 pm et

Can someone tell me the last time a team has had 3 different pitchers with extra base hits in a game?

Top 3rd: St. Louis

- J. Marquis hit for B. Thompson

- J. Marquis tripled to deep right center

Top 5th: St. Louis

- A. Wainwright homered to deep left

Top 9th: St. Louis

- B. Looper doubled to deep right

(I'm trying to find this out but I'm not have any success!)

Watching the Braves game, cuz it's on TBS, and I haven't had enough baseball today, since I've really, truly had enough of Yanks-Sawks (take note, ESPN)....Reitsma is 'rebuilding his confidence', acc to Braves announcers. Let's all have a good cry for Chris Reitsma and his s***ty, inaccurate arm.

Sorry, I'm just really sick of psychologizing baseball. Unless you're seriously f***ed up (Mr Knoblauch? Hi...) I don't want to hear about your confidence, your state of mind, your composure, your joie de vivre, or any other goddam thing you're thinking about. Just pass the peanuts and please shut up.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ May 24, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Can someone tell me the last time a team has had 3 different pitchers with extra base hits in a game?

Top 3rd: St. Louis

- J. Marquis hit for B. Thompson

- J. Marquis tripled to deep right center

Top 5th: St. Louis

- A. Wainwright homered to deep left

Top 9th: St. Louis

- B. Looper doubled to deep right

(I'm trying to find this out but I'm not have any success!)

First time since 1969 a team has had 3 pitchers record 3 different hits in the same game on the same team.. of course ESPNEWS also doesnt give me the answer I'm looking for with extra base hits.. at least I figured that out!

:lolhitting

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
First time since 1969 a team has had 3 pitchers record 3 different hits in the same game on the same team.. of course ESPNEWS also doesnt give me the answer I'm looking for with extra base hits.. at least I figured that out!

:lolhitting

The Cards were a single away from a cycle coming from the pitcher's spot. Very cool.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 24, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
Watching the Braves game, cuz it's on TBS, and I haven't had enough baseball today, since I've really, truly had enough of Yanks-Sawks (take note, ESPN)....Reitsma is 'rebuilding his confidence', acc to Braves announcers. Let's all have a good cry for Chris Reitsma and his s***ty, inaccurate arm.

Sorry, I'm just really sick of psychologizing baseball. Unless you're seriously f***ed up (Mr Knoblauch? Hi...) I don't want to hear about your confidence, your state of mind, your composure, your joie de vivre, or any other goddam thing you're thinking about. Just pass the peanuts and please shut up.

Have you noticed that every time they play each other, ESPN classic runs any game that has happened between them in the past 6 years, throughout the day? Talk about over-saturation

Cole Hamels hit the 15 day DL with a shoulder strain.

Jorge Posada has a sore hamstring and will miss at least 1 game. He'll undergo an MRI and we'll know more shortly. Jaret Wright may also miss his next start. Johnny Damon has a foot injury that held him out of yesterday's game. Also, everyone on the Yankees has gone on the DL.