2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

Did anyone catch one of the most horrible performances by a catcher ever by Matt LeCroy?

Frank Robinson had to take LeCroy out in the middle of the inning. Robinson then broke down crying in a press conference after the game because of the situation.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Did anyone catch one of the most horrible performances by a catcher ever by Matt LeCroy?

Frank Robinson had to take LeCroy out in the middle of the inning. Robinson then broke down crying in a press conference after the game because of the situation.

What happened?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
What happened?

The Astros stole 7 bases on LeCroy. This forced Robinson to pull LeCroy out IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INNING!

After the game, Robinson comepletly broke down crying because he felt that he severely embaressed his player. IMO, Robinson's crying made the siatuation much worse.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
The Astros stole 7 bases on LeCroy. This forced Robinson to pull LeCroy out IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INNING!

After the game, Robinson comepletly broke down crying because he felt that he severely embaressed his player. IMO, Robinson's crying made the siatuation much worse.

Wow, that really does sound embarrassing. But hey, at least LeCroy is on a team. I didn't even realize he signed anywhere in the offseason.

What inning did he get pulled in? 7 SB's is ridiculous.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)

He actually cried???

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Why was LeCroy even catching?

Because Jim Bowden's an idiot.

He sent down Wiki Gonzalez a while back AGAINST Frank Robinson's wishes, because of the terrible offense Washington had at the time.

But now they're both on the 25 man roster, and LeCroy was only in because Gonzalez was injured and I assume it was an off day for Schneider.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Yeah, both catchers were hurt. Luckily they had Fick on the roster or God knows who'd be catching.

I never thought I'd see those words strung together. :D

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
zambrano has a no hitter going and the braves have a run

I think the Sox were no-hit by the Yankees in the very early 90s or late 80s, any won the game 1-0.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores...id=199007010CHA

I found it. July 1, 1990, and the score was actually 4-0.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Well, it has been quite a while since there's been a No-no in baseball, so we are overdue.

It's most likely going to have to be a combined no hitter, he's close to 120 pitches.

LOL

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)

He's crying because he's upset with Jim Bowden putting him and the team in that position.