2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Timo has already paid off.. PH.. Let his head get hit on what was literally a heads up play.. scores the tying run..

:headbang :lolhitting :headbang

As we all know around here, Timo always gets the big hits. Way to use your head Timo!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was working on the elliptical this morning I was watching ESPN and they were going to have Brantley on to show everyone why the Big Unit was back to his dominant ways. I changed the channel because watching and listening to Brantley and working out at the same time would probably cause me to have a grabber even though I'm fairly young and in decent shape. Anyway, the Big Unit just gave up 3 in the 1st inning. Brantley is an idiot.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
The Cubs have scored 5 in the 4th to take a 5-1 lead over the Cardinals. I think I heard the announcers say the Cardinals have had 3 errors this inning.

Yep, Rolen's defense has been a disaster all season against the Cubs. He lost them the game last night with his error. Does anyone know why Pujols left the game with an injury?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Yep, Rolen's defense has been a disaster all season against the Cubs. He lost them the game last night with his error. Does anyone know why Pujols left the game with an injury?

I guess he ran after a foul ball and might've pulled an oblique muscle or something.

The D-Backs activated Terry Mullholland.

Pujols strained his right oblique muscle chasing a foul ball. He'll be reevaluated tomorrow.

Octavio Dotel will start a rehab assignment at class A Tampa.

Phillies Starter Randy Wolf will start a rehab assignment in A ball.

Tetrahydrogestrinone is out with a sore back.

Darrin Erstadt went 0/3 with a walk in his first rehab game at AA.

Cesar Izturis was hitless in a rehab game.

The brewers made a bunch of pitching moves.

The Mariners released Kevin Appier, ending his comeback bid.

Yorvit Torrealba was activated from the DL by the Rockies.

Edited by Balta1701

La Russa on Pujols (post-game)

It'll be at least two weeks for AP.

And that's optimistic.

Actually, La Russa told us that he'd be happy if it's only two weeks.

"If he's out (only) two weeks I'll buy you dinner the rest of the year," La Russa said.

"I don't think, listening to Dr. Paletta, that in two weeks Albert will be able to go."

Pujols left the stadium early.

--B

[Here]

:(

06/03/2006 9:12 PM ET

Pujols out with strained right oblique

Cardinals slugger likely heading to disabled list

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

7kg2TT3k.jpg

ST. LOUIS -- They've weathered one injury after another the past season and a half, but the Cardinals have never had to do without Albert Pujols for more than a few days. That's almost certainly about to change.

Pujols was removed from the Cardinals' game on Saturday against the Cubs due to a strained right oblique muscle, and it's unclear when he will be able to return. He will almost certainly be placed on the disabled list for the first time in his career, if not Sunday, then no later than Tuesday.

"There is serious concern," said Dr. George Paletta, "and it is the type of injury that we need to evaluate initially and again 18-24 hours later to get a better handle on it."

"He's going to miss a significant period of time," said manager Tony La Russa. "Anywhere from little significant to real significant. We can't tell for another 18-24 [hours]. But it's something we've got to deal with."

[More in URL]

Well, now the Cardinals have lost the centerpiece of their offense. Lets see if the cliche' "If the Cardinals lost Pujols like the cubs lost lee then they wouldnt be in 1st place" holds up.

Okay, so how many of you are just sad b/c yer fantasy team's sunk? :D

:ph34r:

It's a huge disappointment, possibly the best season I've ever seen, maybe cut short. The season after that historic shot off Lidge. Get better.

(My team NEEDS you!!!!!!)

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Okay, so how many of you are just sad b/c yer fantasy team's sunk? :D

:ph34r:

It's a huge disappointment, possibly the best season I've ever seen, maybe cut short. The season after that historic shot off Lidge. Get better.

(My team NEEDS you!!!!!!)

Well I was in 1st with Thome and Pujols as my only 1st baseman on my roster (Pujols at 1st, Thome as Util). Now I'm f***ed with Pujols going on the DL and Thome sitting out during interleague.

In case people aren't paying attention, the Reds are apparently (to many a surprise, including me) no joke. They are only 3 behind the Cards after sweeping Houston at the Juice Box, and they now head to St. Louis for 3 against the Pujols-less Cards.

The unwritten rules in baseball are just f***ing ridiculous.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/67063.htm

It's the 7th inning and the Orioles (Horrible pitching) have a 6 run lead on the Yankees (great hitting). Corey Patterson gets on base and then goes right ahead and steals 2nd then 3rd base leading to a run and a 7 run lead going into the 8th inning.

Larry Bowa for whatever retarded reason takes exception to this and begins screaming at Patterson from the top step of the Yankess dugout telling to "play the game the right way".

How the f*** is a 6 run lead in the top of the 8th inning insurmountable? How many times have you seen a team score 6 runs in 2 innings especially when you have one of the best offenses in baseball going up against one of the worst pitching teams in baseball.

These unwritten rules need to die, in the new age of baseball, no lead is safe.

Roy Oswalt missed his start yesterday with back spasms.

Geoff Jenkins and Prince Fielder collided going for a foul ball. Mysteriously, Jenkins seems to have come out worse. Concussion, day to day.

Bob Uecker filed a restraining order against a woman he alleges is stalking him. No word on whether or not the order will require the woman to stay "Just a bit outside."

Troy Glaus is day to day with a lower back injury.

Scott Williamson, Cubs Reliever, hit the 15 day DL. The team recalled someone named Carlos Marmol.

Adam Eaton has started throwing again.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
If the Yanks didn't want Patterson to steal bases they shouldn't have let him get on base.

Hey Bowa, Torre....do us all a favor and have a nice big can of shut the f*** up. Thanks.

What did Torre say? I haven't seen anything..