2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Just saw this on espn.com. Apparently Suppan is going for his 100th win even though Reyes is pitching.

suppan.jpg

Well Reyes isn't pitching. He was optioned to AAA Memphis for, wait for it, wait for it, Timo Perez.

Suppan is the starter today.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
Larry Bowa for whatever retarded reason takes exception to this and begins screaming at Patterson from the top step of the Yankess dugout telling to "play the game the right way".

Was Bowa yelling that at A-Rod when he stole 2nd base when they were up 8-2 today?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
I just thought I'd let everyone know that Zambrano has a NO-HITTER thru 5 innings tonight. Again, Zambrano has not allowed a hit thru the first 5 innings.

Looking at the box score I see that Barrett hit a HR. So I guess he'll serve his suspension the last 10 games of the season. WTF.

I really think Zambrano is going to get this NO-HITTER, he's flurted with NO-HITTERS in the past and it's about time he finished one off. The way the Astros offense looks today I'd say this NO-HITTER has a great chance of happening.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
I don't really care if he gets it or not, but we haven't seen one in baseball for quite some time. I'm honestly rooting for him (which means it probably won't happen).

I don't hate a lot of players in baseball but out of the very few that I do find my self disgusted with, Carlos Zambrano tops the list. If it were any other Cubs pitcher I probably wouldn't give a damn but this guy is such an ultra tool that I can not root for him for anything.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
I don't hate a lot of players in baseball but out of the very few that I do find my self disgusted with, Carlos Zambrano tops the list. If it were any other Cubs pitcher I probably wouldn't give a damn but this guy is such an ultra tool that I can not root for him for anything.

I feel the same way. That's why that 1 loss to the Cubs really hurt. That tool got the win.

Eric Gagne recorded his first save in over a year last night.

Roy Oswalt hit the 15 day DL yesterday.

Milton Bradley was activated yesterday by the A's after a month on the 15 day DL. The A's also activated Reliever Jay Witasick.

Chris Carpenter was placed on the 15 day DL retroactive to last month. He hopes to only miss 1 more start.

Cliff Floyd turned his ankle yesterday. Jose Reyes DNP with a sore wrist.

Philly Phenom Cole Hamels picked up his first ML win.

Dustin Nippert will make his ML Debut for the Diamondbacks today.

Zach Jackson will make his first ML Start for the Brewers today.

Reds 3b Edwin Encarnacion also turned an ankle yesterday.

Anything you Cantu I cantu better, including coming off the DL.

Boston recalled P Craig Hansen, their first round pick in 05, to shore up their bullpen.

Bengie Molina was plunked in the hand yesterday.

Larry Bigbie was placed on the 15 day DL by the Cards.

Jeter missed his 2nd straight game.

Cy Mays has been called up by the Reds.