2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darrin Erstad suffered a rehab setback, and may wind up out for the season.

Eric Gagne had stiffness in his surgically repaired elbow after his first save earlier this week. He's out for at least the next few days.

Esteban Loaiza will come off the DL to face the Indians tonight.

The Orioles are shuffling up their coaching staff.

The D-Rays activated Casey Fossum off the 15 day DL.

The Reds placed Edwin Encarnacion on the DL. We will not have to face him when we head to Cinci next weekend. They called up an infielder named Ray Almedo.

The Twinkies put Matt Guerrier on the DL with a fractured thumb and recalled Kyle Lohse.

Shawn Chacon threw 5 innings in a rehab start.

The Twins are rumored to be looking to dump players soon.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Man, I know he's a Sox fan, but Mark Mulder is killing my fantasy team,

What the f*** is his problem?

He got off to that really good start, but I think he might be hurt. He was overworked in a start a few starts ago at San Francisco, throwing 123 high stress pitches in only 6 innings in a loss to the Giants, and since then has been just blasted by the Cubs and Brewers, 2 squads that couldn't beat a girls softball team right now. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's been so bad since that Giants start, and I think in that Giants game he got hurt, because I've watched some of his last 2 starts and his location and pitch velocities are seriously messed up. Cards did bail him out and come back to win this one though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
He got off to that really good start, but I think he might be hurt. He was overworked in a start a few starts ago at San Francisco, throwing 123 high stress pitches in only 6 innings in a loss to the Giants, and since then has been just blasted by the Cubs and Brewers, 2 squads that couldn't beat a girls softball team right now. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's been so bad since that Giants start, and I think in that Giants game he got hurt, because I've watched some of his last 2 starts and his location and pitch velocities are seriously messed up. Cards did bail him out and come back to win this one though.

Mark Mulder hasn't been the same pitcher since, conveniently enough, 2003.