2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking over the lineups today, and I have to say that most of the teams don't have a lot of talent. I've been impressed with the lineups of the Cubs (sad to say), Mets, and Phillies. Also, I'm shocked by how many relievers that have pitched today that I've never heard of.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Why was Bush at the Cubs game today?

He wanted to meet the team before he left office, and he didn't think they'd ever make it to the White House before his term was up. So this was the next best option.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I figured, but why not last night at the Cell?

CASTELLINI, ROBERT H MR

6/6/2005

$25,000

Republican National Cmte

CASTELLINI, ROBERT

4/7/2005

$2,100

Dewine, R Pat

CASTELLINI, ROBERT H

2/24/2006

$1,600

Republican Party of Ohio

CASTELLINI, ROBERT H

12/5/2005

$1,100

Schmidt, Jean

CASTELLINI, ROBERT MR

7/11/2005

$1,000

Kyl, Jon

Bob Castellini owns the Reds. (That's just this election cycle. All of those candidates are Republicans.) Jerry Reinsdorf has had the audacity to not give hefty donations to either party...with no donations above $1000 to any candidate yet this cycle, and some going to members of both parties (Evan Bayh, Dan Lipinski, Jim Kolbe among them).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Remember, in that lineup, he doesnt' have to do all that much.  He could produce less than we're hoping Anderson will do in Chicago, and he'll have done his job: bring Beckett to the Red Sox.

Agreed, but that doesn't change the fact that the post steriod Lowell is a pathetic shell of his former self when he had the needles in his ass.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
I thought you were kidding. :lol:

I can't wait until a nice picture is released of Bonds with the huge syringe in his hand. Numerous photographers were close to him when this occured, and even they appeared to be laughing.

I can't wait until a nice picture is released of Bonds with the huge syringe in his hand. Numerous photographers were close to him when this occured, and even they appeared to be laughing.

Wait a sec... a fan threw a big syringe at Bonds during a game and Bonds actually picked it up to look at it?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Wait a sec...  a fan threw a big syringe at Bonds during a game and Bonds actually picked it up to look at it?

He picked it up from the ground and appeared to bring it back to the dugout.

There was no actual needle attached to the syringe, if that's what you're wondering.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Wait a sec...  a fan threw a big syringe at Bonds during a game and Bonds actually picked it up to look at it?

"I just put it off the field so no one would get hurt," said Bonds, who is under investigation by baseball for alleged steroid use.

I'm liking young Josh Byrnes a lot.

He's only made a few moves so far, but I really liked the Vazquez deal (for both sides, a little moreso for Ari) and Glaus moves.

That team gets the slightest amount of pitching, and they're going to dominate the NL West for a long time (not this year -- probably in '07 or '08).