2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
What's Eric Gagne's injury status? I'm pretty sure he's a free agent with the Dodgers declining his option.

That would be an interesting pickup.

In theory he should be able to pitch this year. But again, that's in theory, and since the moment his injuries first started cropping up he hasn't been anywhere near the same pitcher he was beforehand.

It could be worth a gamble, but it depends on who else is offering him what money.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
In theory he should be able to pitch this year. But again, that's in theory, and since the moment his injuries first started cropping up he hasn't been anywhere near the same pitcher he was beforehand.

It could be worth a gamble, but it depends on who else is offering him what money.

or who is representing him...

The Phillies have signed a 2 year deal with Free Agent Third Baseman Wes Helms.

Free agent Wes Helms has agreed in principle to a two-year contract with Philadelphia to be the Phillies' everyday third baseman, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reports.

The deal is worth approximately $5.5 million and includes an option for a third year.

Abraham Nunez started 74 games at third base for the Phillies this season. David Bell was the everyday third baseman until Philadelphia traded him to Milwaukee on July 28. Nunez got the majority of the playing team after Bell was dealt.

Presumably, this ends whatever speculation there was about Fields or Crede being moved to Philly.

The Dodgers are close to re-signing Nomah

Bill Mueller has retired, and will take a job in the Dodgers front office. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him wind up as a hitting coach somewhere someday.

Backup IF Alex Cora signed a 2 year deal with the Red Sox.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
The Dodgers are close to re-signing Nomah

Bill Mueller has retired, and will take a job in the Dodgers front office. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him wind up as a hitting coach somewhere someday.

Backup IF Alex Cora signed a 2 year deal with the Red Sox.

Don't know why LA brought Nomar back when they have Loney who can stay healthy, wouldn't be that much of a downgrade, and makes the league minimum.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
Don't know why LA brought Nomar back when they have Loney who can stay healthy, wouldn't be that much of a downgrade, and makes the league minimum.

Loney's playing RF

They kinda, you know, lost JD Drew

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
I am surprised the Sox aren't being mentioned as a connection to VWells. That could be a great fit, with the Jays needing a pitcher to replace Lilly, and the Sox wanting a CF.

He's going to cost a fortune after next season, and I can't see how we'd be able to fit him in our budget in the future.