Anyone order Pizza on-line yet?

southsider2k5

Ordered from PapaJohns.com quite often. Works just fine. They send you an email with an estimated delivery time, and things there seem to be just as fast as when you talk over the phone.

Only problem I've had with PJ's is that they don't have an option to pay with a credit card online, so I usually wind up calling in order to charge the thing.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
I've done it with Domino's (being a poor college kid) and it works well. You get the pick the time you want your food and everything. It's a pretty cool thing.

Speaking of Domino's has anyone heards about this story?

Halfway to Heaven

A Catholic millionaire's dream town draws fire.

By Susannah Meadows

Newsweek

Feb. 27, 2006 issue - The 5,000-acre tomato field in southwestern Florida sure doesn't look like heaven. Bulldozers scrape the land flat while clusters of Porta Pottis signal an undeniable earthiness. But soon a massive cathedral will rise from this barren spot. Reaching 100 feet in the air behind a 65-foot crucifix, the Oratory will anchor Ave Maria, a whole new town and Roman Catholic university 30 miles east of Naples. Ground was officially broken last week, and the plan is to build 11,000 homes—likely drawing families who already hold the church at the center of their lives.

For Tom Monaghan, the devout Catholic who founded Domino's Pizza and is now bankrolling most of the initial $400 million cost of the project, Ave Maria is the culmination of a lifetime devoted to spreading his own strict interpretation of Catholicism. Though he says nonbelievers are welcome, Monaghan clearly wants the community to embody his conservative values. He controls all the commercial real estate in town (along with his developing partner, Barron Collier Cos.) and is asking pharmacies not to carry contraceptives. If forced to choose between two otherwise comparable drugstores, Barron Collier would favor the one that honored that request, says its president and CEO, Paul Marinelli. Discussing his life as a millionaire Catholic who puts his money where his faith is, Monaghan says: "I believe all of history is just one big battle between good and evil. I don't want to be on the sidelines."

The ACLU of Florida is worried about how he's playing the game. "It is completely naive to think this first attempt [to restrict access to contraception] will be their last," says executive director Howard Simon. Armed with a 1946 Supreme Court opinion that "ownership [of a town] does not always mean absolute dominion," Simon will be watching Ave Maria for any signs of Monaghan's request's becoming a demand. Planned Parenthood is similarly alarmed. So far, Naples Community Hospital, which plans to open a clinic in Ave Maria Town, says it will not prescribe any birth control to students. Will others be able to get the pill? "For the general public, the answer is probably yes, but not definitely yes," says hospital point man Edgardo Tenreiro. The Florida attorney general's office says the issue of limiting access will likely have to be worked out in court. Barron Collier and Monaghan say they're following Florida law.

Raised by nuns in orphanages, Monaghan, 68, has tried to franchise his religious views in the past, creating elementary schools, a small college, Catholic radio stations and, in 2000, a Catholic law school. While many of his initiatives have foundered, the law school, with 88 percent of its most recent class passing the Michigan bar, is off to a strong start. Early signs suggest the new Ave Maria complex, his final and most ambitious project, might also work out. The developers are close to leasing 60 percent of the commercial space (no pharmacists yet), says project manager Blake Gable, and they have received some 7,000 inquiries from people interested in buying homes, which will go for less than the half-million median price in nearby Naples. In an area of strip malls and bad traffic, Ave Maria's communal design—with shops within walking distance to the homes—has civic appeal. "The general buzz is that the university and town are going to be a spark plug for massive development in that area," says Michael Reagen, president of the Naples Chamber of Commerce. Even the pope is interested. When Ave Maria Provost Father Joseph Fessio saw Benedict XVI, the first thing out of the new pontiff's mouth, according to Fessio, was, "How's Ave Maria?" He's not the only one awaiting the answer.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Pizzahut.com has a sweet site to use to order pizza on-line for either pick up or delivery.  They also have tons of coupons and stuff like that which you can use if you use their on-line service.  We just tried it for the first time, and it went pretty well.

Been doing it a long time. Not sure if the new site will still allow it, but the old site would allow you order the $8.99 any way you want it first-time order special everytime, by just creating a new username. Your email address didn't even have to be real, so rumor has it.

:)

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
free food on campusfood?

I haven't used it in awhile, but last year was the first it became available in Bloomington. And it had all these free deals for cheese pizzas and everything, just for registering.

Now, I think you can get stuff like that, if you order a side of breadsticks or something.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I'm going to open it up for a new question:

Anyone order Pizza Hut? :ph34r:

This is Chicago, after all.

I hear that AddisonStSox, what i wouldn't give for one of these right now..........

DCP_3501.jpg

Double sausage, from Damianis in Dolton, Illinois, at 138th Street and Chicago Road, one of 5 that was ordered that particular night with old friends, when i went back to my old stomping grounds in Chicagoland for the first time in 26 years last September..........

If there's a good, real pizza in Cali, i have yet to find it, so so just doesn't cut it.. Pizza really sucks here, it always has, and probably always will........ :headshake

Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Caesars, Papa Johns? :puke Gimme a f***in' break.......... :angry:

I would never order a pizza online either....... :puke again..........

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

:cheers

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
I'm going to open it up for a new question:

Anyone order Pizza Hut? :ph34r:

This is Chicago, after all.

I was gonna say. When Im home theres Home Run Inn right up Archer Ave from where I stay and it just slaps the hell out of Pizza Hut.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
If he can settle for Lou Malnati's, he orders online just like Pizza Hut.  He just has to plan a day ahead.

Tastes of Chicago

Oh sweet christ thanks for that link. It's a bit pricey, but worth it occasionally.

I've been ordering Papa John's online for 5-6 years now. They have online deals, of which my favorite is 3 large 1 topping for $25. And I can pay with a credit card online and include the delivery tip.

I don't know. I agree that Pizza Hut and all those mega Pizza joints fail compared to some of the "classic" Chicago style joints. But it's like Burgers. Sure, I know where to get the best burgers in the world, but sometimes, I want a Whopper/Big Mac/Quarter Pounder, and I ain't ashamed to admit it.

I'm with ya KG. I'm not broke and I know good pizza. At Pizza Hut I can get a hand tossed, medium with two ingredients that feeds 3 people for like $13.00 including delivery and tip. That ain't bad.

By the way, Falco's on Archer is the best for thin crust and certain Giordano's locations still make the best deep dish.

Screw Lou Malnatti and Uno.

Pizza hut is the best "cheap" pizza around. Well, I shouldn't say that, I've had varying results with different locations, but the one here in champaign is pretty damn good, at least compared to the Papa johns and domino's of the world.