Soxtalk.com Proudly Presents

Chisoxfn

Soxtalk Front Page

When Soxtalk.com first launched, it was the goal for the site to be the premiere message board of SoxNet.net (the news portion of Soxtalk). SoxNet.net eventually closed down and since than Soxtalk has stood out on its own becoming one of the most powerful independent major league fan sites on the net.

With all the new members, Soxtalk has finally taken its first step towards becoming a one stop place for all things White Sox. From the message board that you've all come to love to our new news page which has RSS feeds from almost all of the major publications that are automatically updated with the latest news stories.

This front page will also be the sister news site of FutureSox.com and will carry FutureSox's news stories as well as original Soxtalk content. The goal is to be able to provide fans the ability to access major news stories at one spot (via ESPN, The Trib, The Suntimes) and you can also check out stories from Cheat's blog (the stories take you to what is the best White Sox blog on the net).

In the near future we will have an excel page detailing the financial and contractual status of White Sox players and we will also have information about the Cell, Tuscon Electric Park, and potential places to visit around the park.

We hope that in the near future the main page will become just a part of your daily navigation as the forums have came over the years.

So please, check out the new front page and leave feedback here. If there are features not on there that you'd like to see, please tell us as we will do our best to make this place a really good resource center for Sox news.

And I would just like to say thanks for all those that visit the site and make this place what it is.

Also wanted to note that we'll have a new piece pretty much every day this week detailing certain position battles and we'll continue to update the readers with our opinion of whose leading certain position battles.

Enjoy :cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
That looks great Jason. So is that going to be the site we're directed to when we go to "soxtalk.com"? I'm assuming so, but when I just typed it in again I still came directly to the forums.

Most likely yes...although I own soxtalk.net so I may just point one to the forums and one to the site so people can directly link to each.

Yes, you will go straight to the new site from www.soxtalk.com when we switch it all over. That will happen sometime later today. I'm Mr. Insomniac tonight so I thought I'd pop on here and see what was happening.

We will be making some other changes/announcements soon hopefully... so stay tuned. Thanks everyone for their support!

Kap

Hopefully it'll sorta be like the old Soxnet days, and hopefully we can keep it active enough so that we can stay on top of things whether it's news, opinion pieces etc.

But this has been Jason's baby and he's done a super job on it, along with Kap and everyone else who's helped out on it. :cheers

Similar to WSI, I'd automatically direct traffic to the main page. If you do what southsiders.net does (with a page picking options) people probably won't be willing to browse the articles. Force them to atleast physically view what's provided on the newly designed website.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
Do I have to re-register my user name.  I am trying to log in to the main page and it keeps telling me there is an error.

The registration is completely seperate. I'm debating for not even having it up or for leaving it up. If you do register I think you can set it up where stories get emailed to you and stuff like that. I have no idea if anyone would even be interested in that.

So you guys tell me cause aside from that there is no reason to register there and I don't want people to be confused cause the logins and usernames would be different. It would have been cool if I could have tied it in.

By the way, I updated the links so now when you click the ones that take you to the board they won't open in a new window but directly take you there.

We still have one more link section left that will be something like ST Favorites and I'm going to leave that up to you all. What type of links would you like up to take you to some of your favorite baseball/whitesox related pages?