Frank fires on the Sox - again

Al Lopez's Ghost

Frank just needs to get to 500 or needs to stfu. Being angry over the team you have been a part of your entire career letting you go after 16-17 years is understandable; this is over the line. It doesn't sound like my favorite player anymore...it sounds like a person that's lost their mind.

Please Frank, for all Sox fans - just shut up.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He says it's not about the money, then he whines about his previous contract not guaranteeing all the money.

He says he's in the prime of his career and cites Bonds. Then he whines about players juicing.

:rolly

Edited by santo=dorf

Another day, another proof that Frank just doesn't get it. Its sad. Frank could have owned this town more than anyone not named Jordan, but instead stuff like this just shows he has never really related to us. Even with this stuff if Frank goes out and saids simply "I am going to prove the White Sox made the biggest mistake they have ever made in letting me go" people still would have respected the guy. Instead he has to delve into the whole poor me routine again, and call everyone out by name. Its just sad.

Why is it he remembers every season he played well as he was well underpaid, but doesn't seem to remember the checks he was cashing when he was sitting out hurt, or the couple years he didn't hit up to snuff? He still b****es about the diminished skills clause. He signed the contract. I was a fan and defender of Frank. I am glad he is gone.

Sounds like KW is firing back at Frank...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/photo?...066706&team=cha

World Series Champion Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams vents his anger for Frank Thomas to manager Ozzie Guillen (not shown)during spring training at the Sox training facility in Tucson, Ariz., Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006. Still Seething Williams fired back at former slugger Thomas, calling him "an idiot" and saying "he's selfish" after his latest comments criticizing his ex-team.
Edited by SSH2005

Can one f***ing player please leave on good terms? JFC

Crazy Carl, surprisingly. That dude may have been a cancer on other teams but he sure handled himself well on the Sox. El Duque never b****ed about being traded either. Both players said that they understand that it's a part of the game.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Sounds like KW is firing back at Frank...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/photo?...066706&team=cha

Another comment to fuel the controversy. :headshake

This is Williams fault for failing to keep his views quiet. Say whatever you want to Guillen behind close doors, but not within range of journalists and photographers in a public venue.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Crazy Carl, surprisingly.  That dude may have been a cancer on other teams but he sure handled himself well on the Sox.  El Duque never b****ed about being traded either.  Both players said that they understand that it's a part of the game.

Caballo took it pretty well too.

But if you look like 5-10 years in the past, you see quite a few who have not left on good terms. Howry is still b****ing about the Sox to this day, Foulke was pissed at the Sox, as was Durham, and this is not mentioning Thomas or Maggs.

Do other teams have this many players leave on bad terms as well?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Another comment to fuel the controversy.  :headshake

This is Williams fault for failing to keep his views quiet. Say whatever you want to Guillen behind close doors, but not within range of journalists and photographers in a public venue.

I wouldn't doubt he wanted that heard. He's been taking some shots from Frank. And what he said is true. Frank is acting like a total idiot. He contradicts himself several times in the Arvia article.

Frank as a player=Best in Sox history

Frank as a person=A out of his mind, bitter f***wad.

And I'm with Kenny, Frank is an idiot. He should just shut up, play his 47 games this year, and get over it. I'm tired of this nonsense, he should realize you can't run a smear campaign against the WORLD CHAMPS and make it work.

Wow this proves it Frank is truely bitter. He has hard feelings toward Kenny Williams, Jerry Reinsdorf and the whole White Sox organization. You don't know how disapointed I am in Frank. He was a class act for all these years. He is truely someone that any sox fan admired. But seriously each interview he does it really is striking a cord where it is changing my perception of him. I respect what he has done but its not really helping his image these interviews. You read him go on to say "Whenever things went bad, who was the one guy they always came to? Who was the one guy they always came to when the (stuff) hit the fan for that organization? Me. Who always stuck up for the organization. Me. Always." He's gotten way to self centered from my point of view. I mean this is Frank's ego talking but its kind of gutrenching to read this stuff because as you are reading this you just want to say "Say it ain't so Frank...say it ain't so." Its damaging his reputation.

Edited by WinningUgly85

Please Guys...we have a damn trophy to defend. Shut your damn mouths and get ready for the season. Let the other team be the nasty guys. Frank can b**** all he wants...Kenny, you built a championship team, just shut your mouth and let your team speak for itself through its play.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Caballo took it pretty well too.

But if you look like 5-10 years in the past, you see quite a few who have not left on good terms.  Howry is still b****ing about the Sox to this day, Foulke was pissed at the Sox, as was Durham, and this is not mentioning Thomas or Maggs.

Do other teams have this many players leave on bad terms as well?

I believe there's some truth to their complaints. Whether it's the disrespect (in the players eyes) shown during contract negotiations, or just treating players poorly and deceiving them, there's a problem with our organization. It's not a big problem, but one nonetheless.

I wouldn't expect these issues to rise for awhile. Thomas wouldn't have been happy for anything less than a parade honoring his time on the White Sox. In the future, when important members of our Championship roster leaves, I'm sure they'll avoid the resentment others have held.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Please Guys...we have a damn trophy to defend.  Shut your damn mouths and get ready for the season.  Let the other team be the nasty guys.  Frank can b**** all he wants...Kenny, you built a championship team, just shut your mouth and let your team speak for itself through its play.

It is true and it's just one more thing to talk about. Let Frank have the last word, let Frank keep giving shots at the Sox, we'll still end up winning because he's very angry about not being "treated" right here. The bottom line is that I sense possibly a little jealousy in Frank right now.

When has Frank made any sense? I don't expect athletes to be rocket scientiists, but reading and listening to Frank's quotes throughout the years has proven he is not very bright at all.

Well, since Ozzie doesn't shy away from taking the second punch, we might get some gems out of his mouth soon.

I actually have more respect for Frank after reading this. The guy wanbts to play until he is 41 , he obviously loves the game a big deal. Frank does deserve a lot more than what he received.

We let our greatest Hitter of all time go for a 35 year old Thome. I'd be pissed too if I were Frank. It's not like we replaced him with Pujols. We replaced him with someone who will make 7 times as much and cost a lot of talent to get.

Why not sign frank to that 1 million dollar contract with incentives? Sign someone like Durazo and Platoon them if need be. Instead we trade Rowand and 2 great prospects for someone who might not put better numbers up than Frank.

Frank, Rowand, Gio,Haigwood >>> Thome

I mean, I can understand if Thome never got hurt too, but this guy is 35 and missed most of last year not hitting his weight. I think everyone is getting a little too excited for Thome IMO.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Everyone, except Frank, left on good terms this winter...

This is true, and does point to the fact that KW is indeed right on this one.

Frank is an idiot and is selfish. He said he was pissed because the Sox didn't offer him any type of contract or keep him up to date on anything whatsoever - I think it's because the White Sox brass probably knew that even if they would have done that, Frank would find something else just as dumb to be pissed about.

Frank needs to grow the f*** up.