Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

As curious as I am to see what Frank's verbal diarhea was all about this time, I think I will pass. He is now a member of another team (not even in the same division) so I am sorry, but I don't really care what he has to say.

Should Kenny have taken the high road? Probably, but as stated here, a man has his breaking point and it ain't pretty when we gets pushed past it.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I only care about this for 1 reason: our entire team is going to get asked about it. For days, this is all we're going to hear about. When the A's, the team that annoys us the most, comes to town, again, this is all we're going to hear about.

I really hope this doesn't cost us games. That's the only thing I care about. We got through the Magglio thing last year because the team rallied around each other and let Ozzie deal with it. I just hope our locker room, which has had a lot of turnover, is strong enough to do so again.

If our team holds together through this, I could care less what KW and Frank have to say to each other, and Frank will still get a nice statue about 510 feet from home plate some day. But if this costs us games...i will be very, very, very angry about it, and that anger will be directed at KW, since he's the one escalating it now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
At this point, I only care about this for 1 reason: our entire team is going to get asked about it.  For days, this is all we're going to hear about.  When the A's, the team that annoys us the most, comes to town, again, this is all we're going to hear about.

I really hope this doesn't cost us games.  That's the only thing I care about.  We got through the Magglio thing last year because the team rallied around each other and let Ozzie deal with it.  I just hope our locker room, which has had a lot of turnover, is strong enough to do so again.

If our team holds together through this, I could care less what KW and Frank have to say to each other, and Frank will still get a nice statue about 510 feet from home plate some day.  But if this costs us games...i will be very, very, very angry about it, and that anger will be directed at KW, since he's the one escalating it now.

Hey if this is all they are asked, than I'll be happy. In fact getting asked questions about a guy on another team should shield away the pressure from the current team (ie the Sox).

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
It was a joke...  Maybe you're too young to understand this, but people very close to 30 and 40 love to talk about how young they are.  'After all, it's not like I'm 30!'  It's tongue-in-cheek.

The way the q and a went, I really doubt he was joking.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
For the record, I've been in the "Kenny shouldn't have said anything" camp all along.  But I'm also in the "Kenny appears to have good reason to be pissed" camp as well.

I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Actually, I don't care one bit. But in public, FT was a pretty good sport the last couple years. He supported Ozzie strongly in 2004, even though there was a lot of talk (apparently correct) that they didn't get along. He said all the right things this year.

Of course, I'm sure it's a big open secret on Soxtalk that Frank would kick every puppy in the locker room.

With the exception of Ozzie the ego's are gone. Frank was the last one, and should have kept his mouth shut. When KW responded although a bit over zealous, he sent a message to this team. Check the ego at the door, play ball, shut up, and the org will help you. The players don't give one s*** about loyalty as they strive for the most dollars. Go ask maggs. By the way I don't miss his ass either.

Frank Thomas was my favorite player as the years passed and stupid things came out of his mouth he just became a player.

Jesus Christ.

Kenny. I agree with you 100%. Everything you said was dead on.

Now, none of it should have been said. When does professionalism come into play? Ozzie is hung-over on the day he interviews for the job, KW lashes back at Frank...

This no-bulls*** approach WAS a breath of fresh air, but now I feel like its too much. Stop talking and play f***ing baseball and repeat... but stop acting like idiots.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
At this point, I only care about this for 1 reason: our entire team is going to get asked about it.  For days, this is all we're going to hear about.  When the A's, the team that annoys us the most, comes to town, again, this is all we're going to hear about.

I really hope this doesn't cost us games.  That's the only thing I care about.  We got through the Magglio thing last year because the team rallied around each other and let Ozzie deal with it.  I just hope our locker room, which has had a lot of turnover, is strong enough to do so again.

If our team holds together through this, I could care less what KW and Frank have to say to each other, and Frank will still get a nice statue about 510 feet from home plate some day.  But if this costs us games...i will be very, very, very angry about it, and that anger will be directed at KW, since he's the one escalating it now.

This is nothing. Before we won, most people around here might have been happy that ESPN would be talking about the Whitesox instead of the yankees. s*** like this happens anytime you win. frank is a baby, and quite frankly the guy won't make it throught he year. He got paid for what he did. He was loved by fans, and catered too like a baby. See ya.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Jesus Christ.

Kenny.  I agree with you 100%.  Everything you said was dead on.

Now, none of it should have been said.  When does professionalism come into play?  Ozzie is hung-over on the day he interviews for the job, KW lashes back at Frank...

This no-bulls*** approach WAS a breath of fresh air, but now I feel like its too much.  Stop talking and play f***ing baseball and repeat... but stop acting like idiots.

This kind of crap happened last year with Maggs and Carlos Lee. Everyone was fine. None of the players or orgs are very professional anymore. Steinbrenner makes his guys shave and wear suits to the ball park, yet the guy is a lunatic treating his coaches and staff like s***, and calling out his players. Every org has issues. this is nothing.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE(quickman @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
This kind of crap happened last year with Maggs and Carlos Lee. Everyone was fine. None of the players or orgs are very professional anymore. Steinbrenner makes his guys shave and wear suits to the ball park, yet the guy is a lunatic treating his couches and staff like s***, and calling out his players. Every org has issues. this is nothing.

Hey, the way the man treats his couches is his own business. Who are we to judge?

What he does behind closed doors is of no concern to me.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  Actually, I don't care one bit.  But in public, FT was a pretty good sport the last couple years.  He supported Ozzie strongly in 2004, even though there was a lot of talk (apparently correct) that they didn't get along.  He said all the right things this year.

Of course, I'm sure it's a big open secret on Soxtalk that Frank would kick every puppy in the locker room.

Well, if you look at the poll that was just started in a previous thread, most people on here are still quite fond of Frank. Hell, I'm still a fan of his. But its not just a "big open secret" here that Frank was a pain to deal with. Yes, he did handle himself better in recent years. But its still what happens behind closed doors that matters, not what is portrayed through the media.

I don't agree with some of the venom being thrown around here, but Frank has kind of dug his own grave when it comes to his reputation as a pain in the ass. And there have been enough clues given from players and management throughout the years to prove this.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
I think that too.  Frank's stuff reads like whining, sure, but he sure as hell doesn't call anyone an idiot.  He's careful to say he still respects everyone involved, including Jerry.  Btw, since when does Reinsdorf need KW to speak for him?  Since, of course, that's what Kenny was most upset about...  If Reinsdorf wants to go to the press about it, let's hear it from him.

Frank:  I think things should have been handled differently.

Kenny:  Frank's a f***ing idiot.

Those look similar to you?

Ozzie says that Frank never mentioned his name.  But Frank did -- in mentioning Ozzie's similar statements when he left.  So Kenny, is Ozzie a selfish idiot too?

Great post, Jackie.

Well said. I think it's obvious Frank tried to say all the right things last year so that he would be brought back. However, ever since he signed with another team, he's acting like someone who's been dumped by their girlfriend. I don't know if Thome will do better than Thomas will this season, but I can guarantee he'll be 100 times a better teammate than Frank ever was.

Funny, where was all this, "He's a bad teammate" stuff when he came in here and was a breath of fresh air over Carl Everett (for that month)?

That's fine that you don't care if he never hits another home run. I'll have a little more respect for the best player ever to don a White Sox uniform, even if he has some off the field issues.

(Let me close by repeating, again, that Frank is no saint, and even getting into that interview with Arvia was, most likely, foolish.)

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Well, if you look at the poll that was just started in a previous thread, most people on here are still quite fond of Frank.  Hell, I'm still a fan of his.  But its not just a "big open secret" here that Frank was a pain to deal with.  Yes, he did handle himself better in recent years.  But its still what happens behind closed doors that matters, not what is portrayed through the media.

I don't agree with some of the venom being thrown around here, but Frank has kind of dug his own grave when it comes to his reputation as a pain in the ass.  And there have been enough clues given from players and management throughout the years to prove this.

No, if Kenny wants to spew to Sox management and players about Frank's internal stuff, fine. But when he goes to the press with this, 'Oh he's an ass, trust me,' bulls***, then it better be about something I can see. Because from what I've seen, Kenny's the bigger selfish idiot right now.

Then, the main justification he gives is some crap about how he was deeply wounded by Frank's talking about Reinsdorf. Christ, if JR has something to say, let him say it himself. If anything, the talk has been that JR and Frank very much like each other, and I don't think Frank burned any bridges with JR in that interview.

So sorry, no, I don't take that sort of stuff on faith. Frank's been a great public citizen for the Sox the last couple of years. In fact, he's won me back after all the whining over the diminished skills clause. Then some mild complaints peppered everywhere with politeness set KW off, and I'm supposed to support KW? No f***ing way.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
No, if Kenny wants to spew to Sox management and players about Frank's internal stuff, fine.  But when he goes to the press with this, 'Oh he's an ass, trust me,' bulls***, then it better be about something I can see.  Because from what I've seen, Kenny's the bigger selfish idiot right now.

Then, the main justification he gives is some crap about how he was deeply wounded by Frank's talking about Reinsdorf.  Christ, if JR has something to say, let him say it himself.  If anything, the talk has been that JR and Frank very much like each other, and I don't think Frank burned any bridges with JR in that interview.

So sorry, no, I don't take that sort of stuff on faith.  Frank's been a great public citizen for the Sox the last couple of years.  In fact, he's won me back after all the whining over the diminished skills clause.  Then some mild complaints peppered everywhere with politeness set KW off, and I'm supposed to support KW?  No f***ing way.

Excellent post.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
No, if Kenny wants to spew to Sox management and players about Frank's internal stuff, fine.  But when he goes to the press with this, 'Oh he's an ass, trust me,' bulls***, then it better be about something I can see.  Because from what I've seen, Kenny's the bigger selfish idiot right now.

Then, the main justification he gives is some crap about how he was deeply wounded by Frank's talking about Reinsdorf.  Christ, if JR has something to say, let him say it himself.  If anything, the talk has been that JR and Frank very much like each other, and I don't think Frank burned any bridges with JR in that interview.

So sorry, no, I don't take that sort of stuff on faith.  Frank's been a great public citizen for the Sox the last couple of years.  In fact, he's won me back after all the whining over the diminished skills clause.  Then some mild complaints peppered everywhere with politeness set KW off, and I'm supposed to support KW?  No f***ing way.

If that the way you feel, thats cool.

I'm just saying that it didn't take the latest comments by Kenny to realize that Frank wasn't the greatest teammate. It always seemed to me to be common knowledge. Whether he was a good soldier or not in public really doesn't do much for me. Agree to disagree, I guess.

And one thing that's really pissing me off is that it seems people are gonna side with Kenny no matter what because he helped bring us a World Series title and Frank never did. That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard. Half this board wanted Kenny fired when it looked like we might blow a 15 game lead.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
And one thing that's really pissing me off is that it seems people are gonna side with Kenny no matter what because he helped bring us a World Series title and Frank never did.  That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard.  Half this board wanted Kenny fired when it looked like we might blow a 15 game lead.

Haha solid.

choking-old.jpg

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
And one thing that's really pissing me off is that it seems people are gonna side with Kenny no matter what because he helped bring us a World Series title and Frank never did.  That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard.  Half this board wanted Kenny fired when it looked like we might blow a 15 game lead.

I think we're all siding with KW because Thomas was the one b****ing over and over again to the media after he wasn't offered a contract. If one of your co-workers just keeps on saying negative things about you constantly, no matter how little, it's going to push you over the edge. KW said what a lot of people (especially it seems a lot of the members of the Sox) were thinking. Frank Thomas is a whiny, selfish idiot.