Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
I'd LOVE to see Kenny try to pull some s***...

Love, love, love to...

Frank could, and I pray would, bury Kenny's ass with scandle. Kenny's got some major skeletons in his closet.

They each could bury each other with scandal. I would hope they aren't dumb enough to each kill each other's rep, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Herd and GM Kevin Towers of the the Padres just put their stamp of approval on Kenny doing what he had to do.

The Herd made the great point of rarely do you see a GM with enough guts to call out a star player who publicly rips an organization. He applauded KW for doing this. In fact he played KW's comments a couple of times.

Towers, a good friend of KW, said that KW is a competitor and has heard enough from Frank.

Good stuff.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
The Herd and GM Kevin Towers of the the Padres just put their stamp of approval on Kenny doing what he had to do.

The Herd made the great point of rarely do you see a GM with enough guts to call out a star player who publicly rips an organization.  He applauded KW for doing this.  In fact he played KW's comments a couple of times.

Towers, a good friend of KW, said that KW is a competitor and has heard enough from Frank. 

Good stuff.

Oh cute... a playground fight.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)

The Herd made the great point of rarely do you see a GM with enough guts to call out a star player who publicly rips an organization.  He applauded KW for doing this.  In fact he played KW's comments a couple of times.

Good stuff.

I'm with you on this. Although I still think the wisest thing would have been to keep his mouth shut, but at the same time, I realize people are sick of Thomas always attacking and never getting attacked.

Well that has stopped and my guess Frank is finally going to think twice before opening his mouth.

Just now Joe Cowley of the SunTimes was on the Score. He said that last night Frank called Kenny and Frank said his words were twisted. Kenny told Frank you better calm this stuff down, because if it gets worse, Kenny will lay into him with more behind the scenes things Kenny knows about.  Cowley said he got this from Kenny this morning.

Sounds like that Cowley story was true. NBC 5 just played an interview with Frank and he said that it hurt to leave the team that he was with for so many years but he is now moving on. He said that he talked to Kenny this morning. Sounds like Cowley is telling the truth and that Kenny may have actually threatened Frank with bringing up worse stories.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
In related news, Frank Thomas is no longer a part of the Chicago White Sox.

And personally, I couldn't be happier.

Have fun on the DL big guy.

Finally.. after the 38,436th time you've said so.. I think I'm starting to believe you.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
Finally.. after the 38,436th time you've said so.. I think I'm starting to believe you.

:lolhitting

I'll rip him until he keeps his mouth shut.

Until then, I will continue to pad my post totals taking shots at the Big Skirt.

In Frank's defense, when Ozzie took over he shut his yapper and seemed to be more of a team player and definitely provided some highlights--when he was able to play. Of course, Ozzie made it clear who was boss and that Frank's whining would get him benched.

When he did play last year (I saw him at least a few times), he was crushing the ball. I was there at his first game back--people went nuts.

In the Sox' defense, they seemed to give him quite the love at the end of the season, letting him throw out the first pitch, handing him the WS trophy on the dais at the parade, making it clear that they knew he was an icon even though he really had nothing to do with the second half of the season or the playoffs, as he was injured. I thought the first pitch was a nice touch. They could have gotten a celebrity or the mayor, but they got him.

Having said all that, Frank Thomas should have just shut his damn mouth. And by doing what he's doing, he's showing the whole world probably WHY the Sox won their first World Series... without him. And WHY he is like the anti-Konerko.

And another sad reminder of when we had all the high-priced ball crushers--Ordonez, Lee, Frank... we never got anything done. I never want to go back to those days again, ever. I would rather get beat playing Ozzie ball then return to another mish-mash team of scrubs and superstars, that can put on 13-run slugfests but never climb out of second place in the former Comedy Central.

Sorry, but I'm with KW on this. Frank HAD to know after going down yet again last season that there was little chance we would resign him... for him to act all surprised like this seems disingenuous. What I think happened is now that the World Series buzz has worn off, the strained relationship between him and KW is finally something neither is able to hide.

Good riddance. You could have gone out with class, but instead... you went out like Sosa.

I'd be far more receptive to somebody like Rowand complaining about being let go, even though that's the biz--but Rowand has something Frank utterly lacks: class.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
At least he never corked a bat.  Or deflated.

Its sad to me that he could have gone out with his lasting image, holding the trophy at the parade or on the field at Houston.

Really wish things were different for the big man.

Best Sox player ever and it ends like this.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
There is no comparision between the 2 on the field.  But off the field, they are both attention whore, lying idiots who don't know when to shut up or how to say the right thing.

Frank is a nice guy off the field, he just doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

He always has to be the victim.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
Frank is a nice guy off the field, he just doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

He always has to be the victim.

I'm aware Frank is a nice guy off the field and Sammy isn't. But in terms of how they talk and what you see from them through the media, there is very little (if any) difference between the two.