"HILLARY WILL WIN DEM PRIMARY, LOSE GEN. ELECTION"

samclemens

QUOTE(samclemens @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)

Definitely some interesting insight. Anyone else think Matt Drudge is being paid by the author of this book for advertising? Or are the leaks of unreleased material mutually beneficial to drudge and the author?

Edited by KipWellsFan

AP

Reacting to a new book quoting Karl Rove as saying she will be the 2008 Democratic nominee for president, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that President Bush's chief political strategist "spends a lot of time obsessing about me."

The former first lady also said she believed Rove, national GOP Chairman Ken Mehlman and other Republicans are using her to divert attention from Republican problems as the 2006 congressional elections approach.

"Karl Rove is a brilliant strategist. So, if I were thinking about this," she told WROW-AM radio in Albany, "I'd say, why are they spending so much time talking about me?"

"What they're hoping is that all of their missteps, which are now numbering in the hundreds, are going to somehow be overlooked because people, instead of focusing on the '06 election, will jump ahead and think about the next one," said Clinton, D-N.Y.