When Frank comes back to Chicago..

whitesoxin'

Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?

• Boo
    • Standing Ovation
    • Neither

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Since 2000, Frank was paid a total of $42.5 million from the White Sox. This is what the White Sox got for that money

1482 AB

244  RUNS

381  HITS

86    2B

1      3B

104    HR

282    RBI

278    BB

330    K

.257  AVE

.374  OBP

.527  SLUG

Considering he can't play the field, it is the White Sox who have been disrespected. Frank should give some of the money back.

If we had an applause emotion on this board, I'd post it here. Well done!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Since 2000, Frank was paid a total of $42.5 million from the White Sox. This is what the White Sox got for that money

1482 AB

244  RUNS

381  HITS

86    2B

1      3B

104    HR

282    RBI

278    BB

330    K

.257  AVE

.374  OBP

.527  SLUG

Considering he can't play the field, it is the White Sox who have been disrespected. Frank should give some of the money back.

How much money was Frank paid when he was winning his two MVPs?

Look, neither Frank nor KW is right on this, I just don't understand how people can be s***ting on the best hitter this organization has ever seen.

i would applaud him.

everyone knows what kind of guy frank is. that's been clear for a long, long time. he's not a great clubhouse guy, and he's not a great teammate.

but i'm not in the clubhouse, nor am i his teammate.

i'm a fan. i sit in the seats, and from there i saw him do amazing things i've never seen any other sox player do.

i will always be a frank thomas fan, unless he shows up at my house and calls me a douche. until then, the personal stuff is between him and other people i don't know.

I wouldn't cheer or boo. My loyalties are to the White Sox...not all the players that have played for them. Frank Thomas is no longer here so with that so goes my support of him. Whether a player is here for 5 years or 16 years, once he leaves...he's not on MY team anymore. I applaud him for his talents, and I did it everytime he stepped to the plate for the Sox, regardless of what was said, but now he's stepping to the plate for someone else...so he's not getting my applause.

I was always just a fan of Frank's talent and now his talent is with someone else...

Now, there are rare examples of people who I feel, are great character guys who I will cheer for and support even after they leave the Sox. Robin Ventura, Aaron Rowand and if MB ever left I would put him in that category. I personally never saw Frank as a great character guy. I saw him as a unbelievable talent on my favorite team. Probably the greatest hitter in the history of my favorite team, but I just never saw him as that person I would just like to hang out with, cause he's a great person.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
everyone knows what kind of guy frank is. that's been clear for a long, long time. he's not a great clubhouse guy, and he's not a great teammate.

True thing is.. his teammates love him. This isn't an issue with them. It's an issue with Kenny - an issue BTW Kenny created 3 years ago.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
True thing is.. his teammates love him. This isn't an issue with them. It's an issue with Kenny - an issue BTW Kenny created 3 years ago.

i will defer to your knowledge here, but various quotes down through the years have led me to believe some teammates weren't always behind him. that's probably true about every player on every roster, though.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
i will defer to your knowledge here, but various quotes down through the years have led me to believe some teammates weren't always behind him. that's probably true about every player on every roster, though.

Paul and David Wells. Paul has a history of loose lips without merit, and Wells is an idiot.

Of course guys you spend 200+ days a year with you get frustrated with at times.. but when push comes to shove I've seen a lot of them happier then pigs in s*** that Frank is/was their teammate.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
If you don't give him a standing O, then you have not been a White Sox fan for the last 15 years.

Whatever he says, he's still the best there ever was to wear this uniform.

That is the biggest crock of s*** I have ever read. I can appreciate what he has done on the field, but to me what he has done off of it hurt the TEAM more than anything he has ever done on it. He was a very divisive person in the clubhouse which really hurt a team atmosphere. That could be a big reason why a lot of the teams with really good/great players on it have never won a thing. For that I will sit on my hands. What has he done for the team I love and root for? All you are talking about are selfish number type things that he did for himself and himself only. I will not cheer for that. He was disruptive in the clubhouse and never cared about the TEAM as a whole. Just himself and his numbers. Up his ass with any accolades he gets for being selfish and number oriented. To say that I am not a sox fan because I will not cheer for this guy just because he has great numbers is the biggest crock of s*** I have ever read. Who the f*** cares.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:57 AM)
He was a very divisive person in the clubhouse which really hurt a team atmosphere. That could be a big reason why a lot of the teams with really good/great players on it have never won a thing.

Well, to be fair that certainly isn't the only reason, nor is it even one of the main reasons in a lot of seasons. In '93, for example, the Blue Jays were just the better team. That's hard to deny. '94 was probably more Reinsdorf's fault than Thomas's. In a lot of the years after that, we didn't have the players around him to make a run, especially on the pitching staff. And then in the last few years, we've made plans with Thomas healthy, but then his body couldn't hold up. That's not his attitude either.

First time up...Standing Ovation...

Second time up...Boo until I go hoarse.

You get your respect ONCE and then you go to being an Oakland A DH. That's the way it is...if you feel disrespected, then I will pass on some good advice from Nigel Powers:

If you have an issue, use a tissue.

If all his teammates hated him for 16+ years, do you honestly believe they would've put up with it? There's some obvious exaggerating going on here. I'd have a hard time believing the franchise would put up with such an asshole/cancer for that long, if he was as bad as a select few are saying. Because as so many of you have said, the team comes first. If he was so awful, they would've done something much sooner.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
If all his teammates hated him for 16+ years, do you honestly believe they would've put up with it?  There's some obvious exaggerating going on here.  I'd have a hard time believing the franchise would put up with such an asshole/cancer for that long, if he was as bad as a select few are saying.  Because as so many of you have said, the team comes first.  If he was so awful, they would've done something much sooner.

When there's nothing concrete to b**** about... make s*** up. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
When there's nothing concrete to b**** about... make s*** up.  :huh

Sounds good to me. As I have said repeatedly, I'm not saying Frank's right in this situation. He's wrong too, but some people love to s*** on Frank any opportunity they get. I find it kind of pathetic.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
Sounds good to me. As I have said repeatedly, I'm not saying Frank's right in this situation.  He's wrong too, but some people love to s*** on Frank any opportunity they get.  I find it kind of pathetic.

On this matter, I agree he should STFU also.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
On this matter, I agree he should STFU also.

Hopefully he does. He's in the driver's seat now, if he chooses to go that route. If he decides to no longer comment on the situation or says something about moving on, KW will be the only one looking like a fool in the end.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
I could see it happening. We'll just have to wait and see.

I wish I could agree...

If Frank doesn't play (or play well) reporters are going to egg him on... i.e.. "the Sox (Kenny) were right to get rid of you, eh..?"

I almost want to wager there will be more s*** slinging. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I wish I could agree...

If Frank doesn't play (or play well) reporters are going to egg him on... i.e.. "the Sox (Kenny) were right to get rid of you, eh..?"

I almost want to wager there will be more s*** slinging.  :lolhitting

good luck finding someone to take that bet... :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Hopefully he does.  He's in the driver's seat now, if he chooses to go that route.  If he decides to no longer comment on the situation or says something about moving on, KW will be the only one looking like a fool in the end.

:lol:

Thomas already looks like a fool. Kenny called him out on it. Kenny just looks like a pissed off mother f***er who decided enough was enough. Thomas is the only one to me that looks like a fool.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
....and that's not going to happen, we all know that.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Sounds like that Cowley story was true.  NBC 5 just played an interview with Frank and he said that it hurt to leave the team that he was with for so many years but he is now moving on.  He said that he talked to Kenny this morning. 

Apparently it did.