When Frank comes back to Chicago..

whitesoxin'

Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?

• Boo
    • Standing Ovation
    • Neither

I'll do my best to be at Comiskey, to give him a standing O, like 63% of the members so far have voted on this poll, including myself........

Say what you will about him, but Big Frank will always be A-OK in my book, and one of the best players that ever wore a Chicago White Sox uniform, OUR team.........

:fthecubs

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: in 2006!

:cheers

Edited by SoCalSouthSider59

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly, all Frank accomplished over his career with the White Sox would merit a standing ovation when he returns....

...were it not for how he conducted himself from the late 90's onward. As talented as he was as a hitter, he had a nasty habit of appearing to be a "me-first" guy. His attitude this offseason has cemented that impression.

I won't boo Thomas. I have too much respect for his long career here to do that. But I won't give him a standing ovation. Polite applause seems appropriate.

For those of you who say you will give a standing ovation to Frank when he comes back, i believe you are putting a player, Frank, in front of the organization that you are supposed to be a fan of. Sure Frank did a ton for this franchise. However, he just trashed this organization left and right. I'd say that a standing ovation is a slap in the face to this organization because you are putting a player in front of the organization - something i think should never happen, and especially not in this case. What will KW and everyone else be thinking when there is a standing ovation for him? If i'm KW, i'm pissed. There's no middle ground here. Maybe some people think i'm out of line, but so be it. Personally, i'll just sit there and do nothing.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
For those of you who say you will give a standing ovation to Frank when he comes back, i believe you are putting a player, Frank, in front of the organization that you are supposed to be a fan of. Sure Frank did a ton for this franchise. However, he just trashed this organization left and right. I'd say that a standing ovation is a slap in the face to this organization because you are putting a player in front of the organization - something i think should never happen, and especially not in this case.  What will KW and everyone else be thinking when there is a standing ovation for him? If i'm KW, i'm pissed. There's no middle ground here. Maybe some people think i'm out of line, but so be it. Personally, i'll just sit there and do nothing.

Perhaps we just value 15 years of service to the organization more highly than a few months of verbally trashing that organization?

Should I apologize that I'm able to seperate the on the field and off the field actions of players?? Frank Thomas is my favorite baseball player and will always be. He's a big reason that I've been a White Sox fan all these years.

I didn't realize that was such a crime. Yes, Frank hasn't been perfect off the field, but no one has been. Frank will always be my favorite baseball player; he did some damn good things on the field. This isn't about who my favorite human being is; I don't understand why everyone is making it to be like that.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
For those of you who say you will give a standing ovation to Frank when he comes back, i believe you are putting a player, Frank, in front of the organization that you are supposed to be a fan of. Sure Frank did a ton for this franchise. However, he just trashed this organization left and right. I'd say that a standing ovation is a slap in the face to this organization because you are putting a player in front of the organization - something i think should never happen, and especially not in this case.  What will KW and everyone else be thinking when there is a standing ovation for him? If i'm KW, i'm pissed. There's no middle ground here. Maybe some people think i'm out of line, but so be it. Personally, i'll just sit there and do nothing.

Oye, oye, oye... a tad bit over-dramatic don't ya think...? :huh:

Depends on what your definition of "trashed" is. I didn't take it that way at all. As far as booing Frank, it's pathetic and makes me sick. Just stay home when Oakland comes to town if Frank is just that god awful. Frank's beef is with Kenny and to a lesser degree Jerry. This isn't about the fans. Until Frank says something that can even be mistaken as negative about Sox fans, stay out of it. Frank should be applauded for what he did ON THE FIELD. That's all that matters in the end.

Dick beat me to it. I was going to say that the more I think about it, the more I feel Frank will never play another game in Chicago. He probably won't be back in time for the series in May. I'm not sure if they come here again later, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's already hurt by whatever that time is.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Dick beat me to it. I was going to say that the more I think about it, the more I feel Frank will never play another game in Chicago. He probably won't be back in time for the series in May.  I'm not sure if they come here again later, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's already hurt by whatever that time is.

Someone said this back in December... -_-

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
He said that the Sox have no shot at the playoffs?  I find that very hard to believe.

He said that they lost a lot of the chemistry of the 2005 team and a few key guys (singling out Rowand and Duque).

Didn't really say they had NO shot, just that you risk losing what got you there when you make too many changes.

I believe the opposite to be true - standing pat rarely works. Changes were necessary and I think the Sox made the right changes.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
The nerve of that guy.  What's he done to derseve something as simple as that?  BOOOOO! YOU SUCK FRANK!

Seriously, I think it's unrealistic for him to expect that. He was still, I bet, a backup plan, maybe #3 or 4, but they didn't want to tell him they wouldn't need him till they were absolutely sure. But what drama...

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
Seriously, I think it's unrealistic for him to expect that.  He was still, I bet, a backup plan, maybe #3 or 4, but they didn't want to tell him they wouldn't need him till they were absolutely sure.  But what drama...

Given the relationship between him and Jerry.. IMO.. Jerry should have called. A message from Kenny saying "Yo Dog.. thanks for the memories.. see yaaa" was s***ty.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
He said that they lost a lot of the chemistry of the 2005 team and a few key guys (singling out Rowand and Duque).

Didn't really say they had NO shot, just that you risk losing what got you there when you make too many changes.

I believe the opposite to be true - standing pat rarely works. Changes were necessary and I think the Sox made the right changes.

Frank's not the only one with that opinion. No big deal to me. I'm glad we didn't stand pat.