QB Drama in Chitown

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 06:36 AM)
Does the salary cap always go up?  Like is there ever going to be a limit to how high it will go or will it ever go down?

The cap is revenue shared by players and owners. The amount of total revenue teams take in, including things like ticket sales and TV revenue, go into the pot. There is a percentage split, I think it is somewhere in the mid-50%s going to the salary cap now and the players want it over 60%. But as long as revenue continues to grow, the cap will too. This year is a bit different because the NFL signed a new TV deal that will boost the revenue pot bigger than normal years.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
The cap is revenue shared by players and owners. The amount of total revenue teams take in, including things like ticket sales and TV revenue, go into the pot. There is a percentage split, I think it is somewhere in the mid-50%s going to the salary cap now and the players want it over 60%. But as long as revenue continues to grow, the cap will too. This year is a bit different because the NFL signed a new TV deal that will boost the revenue pot bigger than normal years.

Hey I just wanted to say welcome aboard. In your 3 posts you come off as a really knowledgeable poster. Plus you got a funny monicker.

Glad to have ya here :cheers

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Kerry Collins now available.

May not be bad as a backup. Does turn the ball over too much though. I would like Josh McCown. He's talented and had a few really good games with the Cards, but Green opted with Warner.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Hey I just wanted to say welcome aboard.  In your 3 posts you come off as a really knowledgeable poster. Plus you got a funny monicker. 

Glad to have ya here  :cheers

Thanks, glad to be here. I used to post over at the MLB boards but the service is such a pain in the arse, I bailed out. Too many jerks from other teams coming in and out. As for the name, I was going to go with My Dixie Wrecked but I thought that would be a little 'Wrigleyville' for probably a mostly male web site.

Anyway, thanks again. :drink :gosox1: