Lasik Cost?

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
I don't think I could do glasses full time.  I play basketball and football at least once a week and all I'd do is worry about getting my glasses broken.  And I refuse to sport goggles like James "Big Game" Worthy.

Let the record show I wore the goggles ala Horce Grant back in my younger days.

I wasn't any good with or without them. :bang

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
Let the record show I wore the goggles ala Horce Grant back in my younger days.

I wasn't any good with or without them. :bang

I think a picture of you sporting goggles should be implemented in the new banner. We could put Steff with Michael Jackson in there as well. Maybe call it the glory days of Soxtalk :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Oh see, thats my problem...I take the damn things off and I'd get hit square in the face with a football.

Been there.

Dodgeball, softball, baskteball, always found my head.

Might explain alot about me though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
I think a picture of you sporting goggles should be implemented in the new banner.  We could put Steff with Michael Jackson in there as well.  Maybe call it the glory days of Soxtalk :lol:

I don't think we're ready for that just yet.

Maybe on a google ad.. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
My 1st experience was really similar. As your eyes slowly go bad you really don't notice it.  Especially cause when I first needed them I was like 20/60 or so.  Just enough to not pass my drivers license eye exam (thats when I found out).  I noticed when I first put my contacts in (I got contacts from the get go).  Well it took me forever to adjust to getting the damn things in for the first week or so.  But when I was driving back home with my dad I could see everything. 

I never realized what I should have been able to see and it was sweet.  I definately remember my first bball practice after getting them and I was stunned at how much better I picked up the ball.  Not that it really mattered since I only had like 2 ab's my entire high school career (after hurting my arm and eventually quitting the team, lol). 

Since than the only doctors appointment I make to on time and every year or so (since my vision is starting to finally slow down I won't have to do that soon enough) was my eye appointment cause I love getting the proper prescription so you can see super clear.

Sadly I have the best vision in my family.  I thought I was an enigma cause the rest of my family all had had glasses by 1st grade yet I went till high school somehow.

I know what you mean. On the way home, i was like "I didn't know you were supposed to be able to read street signs from further than 5 feet away," etc. It almost felt like a different world for a while.

I wore pretty thick glasses in HS, so when I first swithced to contacts, I thought I was in heaven. Now, many years later, they are totally uncomfortable. I'm not sure if you guys have days where they dry up all the time to the point of almost popping out and no matter how many times you re wet them, 10 mins. later they're dry again. I have those days maybe 3 out of 7 days. I think after years and years of wearing them, you're eyes just can't handle them any more. I know a lot of people over age of 30 who switched back to glasses. Unfortunately, I have to wear contacts all day, unless I'm staying in the house. I LOVE wearing my glasses now. But trust me, you wouldn't wear my glasses outside of the house either.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
I remember one time I saw an infomercial or show or something where they showed the whole process of LASIK. If you don't like seeing the front of an eyeball (cornea, I think) sliced the shot with a laser, it'll make you sick to watch. :P

So, you'd have no interest in viewing the tape of my surgery to repair my detached retina?? ;)