Thomas takes high road in response to Williams

greasywheels121

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
The media, much like in politics, keeps playing up a total non story.  And this just in, so do people on soxtalk.

I don't know Kap. Maybe the media led up to the tirade by Kenny, but a 6 minute audio/video clip of him going off on Frank isn't a non story.

Thats like President Bush going on a tirade about how much he hated Kerry (in public on video) where he called him an idiot and countless other things (directly...obviously indirectly politicians do all those things).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
The media, much like in politics, keeps playing up a total non story.  And this just in, so do people on soxtalk.

I am trying to unite Soxtalk by gathering all of the Thomas apologists and then pissing them all off. It's working well.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 03:06 AM)
Very classy Kenny.

Did Kenny seriously say that? Can you post a link? Yikes... :banghead

BTW, why, again, was the .217 BA thing brought up? I can't believe he's being bashed about that. The offense was CLEARLY better when he was in the lineup, scoring something like a full run more per game with him in the lineup.

Damnit... I told myself I'd stop posting in this thread.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Did Kenny seriously say that?  Can you post a link?  Yikes...  :banghead

BTW, why, again, was the .217 BA thing brought up?  I can't believe he's being bashed about that.  The offense was CLEARLY better when he was in the lineup, scoring something like a full run more per game with him in the lineup. 

Damnit...  I told myself I'd stop posting in this thread.

I almost threw up when I read that. Click Here

I honestly can't see why any of you are so personally offended by this. Take a step back. Much like that olympic speed skating debauchary both of these two could have taken the high road, but they didn't. I side with most of what KW said but he got too personal for my liking. Oh well...whats done is done. But the sooner obsessed fan message boards stop talking about it, the sooner it will be forgotten.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I honestly can't see why any of you are so personally offended by this. Take a step back. Much like that olympic speed skating debauchary both of these two could have taken the high road, but they didn't. I side with most of what KW said but he got too personal for my liking. Oh well...whats done is done. But the sooner obsessed fan message boards stop talking about it, the sooner it will be forgotten.

Eh..I agree with most of your post but until the media forgets about it, it ain't going away no matter what happens here. Anyways, hopefully it does die though, Kenny needs to start letting it go as well. The thing about the statue was uncalled for, the guy will and deserves one once he's retired.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Very classy Kenny.

That is a f***in low blow that was completely unnecessary.

KW not allowing any pictures of Thomas in White Sox facilities is horrible too. The organization can retire Baines' number while he is still an active player, yet they can't have pictures of the greatest hitter in Sox history, because KW doesn't like him?

I think even Frank realized he went too far, thus taking what was left of a high road after the fact. KW is stooping to childish insults seen on message boards and making himself look very unprofessional in all of this - what is he accomplishing with all the comments and the pictures being torn down?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. No way in hell KW said this. If he did, it would be everywhere...like seriously friggin everywhere.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
And hit like .227 or something retchid like that.

It was actually .219. I'm very well aware of that. I also kept in mind how much time he had missed and the fact he was never 100%. I also look at the fact we scored almost a run more per game than we did in the games he didn't play. The impact was made.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
It was actually .219.  I'm very well aware of that.  I also kept in mind how much time he had missed and the fact he was never 100%.  I also look at the fact we scored almost a run more per game than we did in the games he didn't play.  The impact was made.

I also still stand by my statement that we do not win the division if not for Thomas, thus pretty much not allowing the Sox to win the World Series.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 11:46 PM)
If true,  Kenny is a world class moron.

REPORTEDLY. Nothings on the record. It's irresponsible for the Inside Bay Area (whoever the f*** they are) to put such remarks as direct quotes without a source. How the hell do they receive inside information that apparently all other media outlets have missed?

Anyways, this may have happened behind close doors. I support Williams here because it's nothing directed in a public venue. Whomever leaked this information, if it's legitimate, overcrossed their boundaries. We critizie Williams for going public with his views, but if he can't even say what he wants beyond journalists and within his own space, where the hell can he be himself?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
REPORTEDLY. Nothings on the record. It's irresponsible for the Inside Bay Area (whoever the f*** they are) to put such remarks as direct quotes without a source. How the hell do they receive inside information that apparently all other media outlets have missed?

Anyways, this may have happened behind close doors. I support Williams here because it's nothing directed in a public venue. Whomever leaked this information, if it's legitimate, overcrossed their boundaries. We critizie Williams for going public with his views, but if he can't even say what he wants beyond journalists and within his own space, where the hell can he be himself?

I agree. That's why I said "if true". Whether Kenny meant for it to be private or not isn't the point to me. You don't try and erase somebody from the franchise because you're upset with him. But I still can't believe Kenny would take it that far.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
I agree.  That's why I said "if true".  Whether Kenny meant for it to be private or not isn't the point to me.  You don't try and erase somebody from the franchise because you're upset with him.  But I still can't believe Kenny would take it that far.

Others should have been as cautious with their replies. I'll be dead before I accept something written within a small online newspaper, without direct or collaborated quotes, as truthful.

And while you believe the issue isn't erasing someone from the history, I believe it's privacy. I'll agree Williams shouldn't instruct such orders, but goddamn, where's the man's privacy? I'm just assuming since every publication isn't jumping on these quotes (Tribune, among them), it wasn't exactly mentioned in a crowd full of reporters off the record. If you're going to pass off such allegations as truthful, atleast indicate a title.