Cheney Persuaded to Retire After Mid-Terms

KipWellsFan

Senior GOP sources envision the retirement of Mr. Cheney in 2007, months after the congressional elections. The sources said Mr. Cheney would be persuaded to step down as he becomes an increasing political liability to President Bush.

The sources reported a growing rift between the president and vice president as well as their staffs. They cited Mr. Cheney's failure to immediately tell the president of the accidental shooting of the vice president's hunting colleague earlier this month. The White House didn't learn of the incident until 18 hours later.

Mr. Cheney's next crisis could take place by the end of the year, the sources said. They said the White House was expecting Mr. Cheney to defend himself against charges from his former chief of staff, Lewis Libby, that the vice president ordered him to relay classified information. Such a charge could lead to a congressional investigation and even impeachment proceedings.

"Nothing will happen until after the congressional elections," a GOP source said. "After that, there will be significant changes in the administration and Cheney will probably be part of that."

full story

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/cheney3.htm

I remember 6 months ago I saw some report talking about how Cheney was guilty of something and was going to be forced to resign on this site as well.

Yet another bs story. Its why I don't come to this forum at all. Happened to see the headline and thought I'd come by to see if it was anything, but alas, just more crap.

Insight on the News is America’s premier weekly Internet news magazine dedicated to providing cutting-edge background information from the corridors of power in Washington, D.C.

Whether it is the White House, Capitol Hill, national security or federal agencies, Insight aims to provide readers with exclusive, insider knowledge on the key issues and political developments of the day. Insight is a unique publication that combines aggressive investigative reporting with off-the-record information to help keep its readers ahead of the curve on Washington politics.

Published by News World Communications like its sister publication The Washington Times, Insight provides its subscribers an intelligence briefing on the Washington behind the lights and cameras. Insight features exclusive articles by top Washington reporters from some of the world's most serious news organizations.

Insight also features commentary by renowned pundits such as Wesley Pruden, John O’Sullivan, Michael Barone, Rich Lowry, John Leo and others.

I hardly believe a word the Washington Times writes which doesn't have someone else to confirm it, and this is yet another unnamed source which isn't willing to give it's name. There are a thousand reasons why someone might want to leak a lie about Cheney resigning, whether it's to hurt the President's campaign or help someone else in 08, whether or not it had any truth at all. With an unnamed source, there's no way to evaluate the credibility, and we should give this no more credence than Judy "F***ing queen of all Iraq" Miller's NYT anonymously sourced reporting on the WMD's.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I hardly believe a word the Washington Times writes which doesn't have someone else to confirm it, and this is yet another unnamed source which isn't willing to give it's name.  There are a thousand reasons why someone might want to leak a lie about Cheney resigning, whether it's to hurt the President's campaign or help someone else in 08, whether or not it had any truth at all.  With an unnamed source, there's no way to evaluate the credibility, and we should give this no more credence than Judy "F***ing queen of all Iraq" Miller's NYT anonymously sourced reporting on the WMD's.

Its no different than me saying something like this on my blog. The only difference is people actually read this crap and maybe a few believe them.

Oh and my blog...it doesn't even get updated. I think its been about a year since :lol:

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Remember when Cheney was supposed to be dumped from the ticket in 2004?

The guys who were floating that rumor went out on hunting trips with Mr. Cheney...and well...let's just say they weren't able to find the weapon.

a cheney resignation would allow the President to possibly appoint their successor and help the republican party save itself from an internal bloodbath of 12 candidates for '08 and thus save millions of dollars in their campaign coffers to run against the Dem nominee.

imagine the leg up Allen, Pataki, Brownback, McCain, Giuliani, Frist, Gingrich, Romney or Hagel would have over the field if they got the President's endorsement and passed senate confirmation. (i think that's the replacement process???)

even if by some miracle of God this were true... The first crack at VP would come from an internal canditate. If we have learned nothing about the Bush admin, they always promote from within. That being said, I would bet Condi Rice would be their choice. Bush gets to make his history, and he puts in someone who is on the same page as him. win-win.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 07:38 AM)
even if by some miracle of God this were true... The first crack at VP would come from an internal canditate.  If we have learned nothing about the Bush admin, they always promote from within.  That being said, I would bet Condi Rice would be their choice.  Bush gets to make his history, and he puts in someone who is on the same page as him.  win-win.

airplane.one0612_big.jpg

NO...that's just what they'd be expecting us to do..