Chris Penn update

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
SHOCKING!!!

It's a shame though.  He had more talent than his lameass brother.

Bad Boys

Casualties of War

State of Grace

Carlito's Way

Dean Man Walking

The Thin Red Line

I am Sam

21 Grams

Mystic River

Yep, Chris had more talent.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
Chris Penn didn't have the looks to be a star, his brother apparently did.  The Thin Red Line was a good movie?  Coulda fooled me.

I remember it being nominated for a bunch but I was bored stiff in the theatre watching it. I remember there was some controversy that the Academy Nominated it because it was Mallick's first movie in year and they did it in honor of him.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
I remember it being nominated for a bunch but I was bored stiff in the theatre watching it. I remember there was some controversy that the Academy Nominated it because it was Mallick's first movie in year and they did it in honor of him.

The problem was that when people hear 'war movie', everyone expects a rah-rah, blow everything up and show tons of blood movie. That film aimed a little higher, too bad it expected people to...um think. That was not directed at you Brian.

The problem was that when people hear 'war movie', everyone expects a rah-rah, blow everything up and show tons of blood movie.  That film aimed a little higher, too bad it expected people to...um think.  That was not directed at you Brian.

I knew it wasn't a war movie before I watched it and I thought it was still bad.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
SHOCKING!!!

It's a shame though.  He had more talent than his lameass brother.

I agree it is a shame, Chirs seems like a good guy and he was a fine actor.

But...

I know many disagree with Sean's politics and public persona, but there is no denying that he is one of the greatest actors of his generation. No "If" "Ands" or "Buts" about it...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:14 AM)
Apparently it did.  It was nominated for 7 Oscars.

Am I the only one that can watch the Oscars and not recognize a single movie nominated? That just happened to me during the last awards show. I'd barely even heard of half the movies much less seen them.

The only thing I know Chris Penn from is Best of the Best and Footloose.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Am I the only one that can watch the Oscars and not recognize a single movie nominated? That just happened to me during the last awards show. I'd barely even heard of half the movies much less seen them.

Never saw Reservoir Dogs?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
I agree it is a shame, Chirs seems like a good guy and he was a fine actor.

But...

I know many disagree with Sean's politics and public persona, but there is no denying that he is one of the greatest actors of his generation. No "If" "Ands" or "Buts" about it...

Amen. :notworthy

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Bad Boys

Casualties of War

State of Grace

Carlito's Way

Dean Man Walking

The Thin Red Line

I am Sam

21 Grams

Mystic River

Yep, Chris had more talent.

Man, you forgot his greatest movie of all time, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"Aloha, Mr. Spicoli. Aloha, Mr. Hand" That is an awesome movie.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
The problem was that when people hear 'war movie', everyone expects a rah-rah, blow everything up and show tons of blood movie.  That film aimed a little higher, too bad it expected people to...um think.  That was not directed at you Brian.

No problem. I know what you mean. I appreciated the look of the movie but never got into the characters and plot.

Movies are like sports and music in the way that everyone has different likes and opinions. That is what makes em great.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)

True Romance. Great Movie.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Huh? What? I hope this is a joke. Sean Penn is a great actor.

^^^^^

Even though he doesn't think Chris Rock is funny.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
No problem. I know what you mean. I appreciated the look of the movie but never got into the characters and plot.

Movies are like sports and music in the way that everyone has different likes and opinions. That is what makes em great.

People can either hate Terrence Malick movies or understand them. People expecting "Saving Private Ryan from Japan" left the theaters very disappointed. I also thought Sean Penn had probably the best performance of anyone in that movie, and he wasn't even a main character.