Sox not interested in Ugueth Urbina

SSH2005

For once, someone actually asked a decent question in the WhiteSox.com Mailbag:

Ugueth Urbina is still a free agent. Do you think no one is signing him because of his legal troubles? Since Ozzie is such a good friend to Urbina, do you think we have a chance of signing him?

-- Jonathan, Wilmington

Jonathan, at last check, Urbina still is in a Venezuelan prison, so he has greater issues than baseball on his mind right now. From an informal check with a couple people in the organization, don't look for Urbina to join the White Sox if he sorts out these legal troubles.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Unless those couple of people were named Ozzie Guillen, I don't buy it at all.  If he gets out of jail with a not guilty verdict and doesn't get picked up by someone else, he'll be in our camp the next spring.

i wouldn't doubt it. He's not terrible, he's just insane.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
I think he tried to cut someones head off and than light them on fire.  Hey you gotta admire his competive spirit.  I would have settled for just cutting there head off.

:lol:

A little twisted, but funny nonetheless

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
you think?  a man is guilty because you think so?

I don't think I have a clue either way. I don't know him, but I don't know the Venezuelan justice system, nor do I know what the circumstances were. For all we know those guys might have had something to do with the kidnapping of his mother and he might have decided to do something about it.

I figure we can just let their legal system figure it out. He probably has enough money to get off unless there's overwhelming proof, or at least he would if he was in this country.