Javier Vazquez's mechanics

SSH2005

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/report/CHW/9271158

--RHP Javier Vazquez closed out the last month of the 2005 season with the Diamondbacks with a 1-1 record and 2.52 ERA. According to the pitcher, fixing his mechanics as the '05 season went on was a big reason why. "Right now, I've got my mechanics to where I want them again," Vazquez said. "That was the big thing in '04, I was dropping my arm angle a lot. Last year, I got that fixed."

Sounds like good news to me.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)

Might be a reason why Kenny has been hard after him for a while. The Sox seem to be good at picking up mechanical flaws or tipping pitches(JC), would not surprise me if the Sox picked up on this, thought they could fix it and that was one of the reasons they've wanted him for a while.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Might be a reason why Kenny has been hard after him for a while.  The Sox seem to be good at picking up mechanical flaws or tipping pitches(JC), would not surprise me if the Sox picked up on this, thought they could fix it and that was one of the reasons they've wanted him for a while.

Mullins Returns!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
I was actually a big fan of Danny Wright... too bad he had those arm problems and everything... Still Vazquez was one of my favorite non-sox pitchers to watch last season.  He had his rough patches but other times was absolute filthy.

I liked him too

Good stuff, just had no command. Had he ever found some command, he would have been a solid starter, and I personally thought he had meanass reliever written all over him.

What ever happened to him? I seem to recall he was released - anyone picked him up since?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
I liked him too

Good stuff, just had no command.  Had he ever found some command, he would have been a solid starter, and I personally thought he had meanass reliever written all over him. 

What ever happened to him?  I seem to recall he was released - anyone picked him up since?

He is just sitting on his ass i would think. He has to be completely rehabbed so it is weird that some team didn't sign him to at least a minor league deal ( alot of times these types of players do and it goes unnoticed for a while).

I also thought he would make it as a reliever... not a ''meanass' reliever... but one of the last two people out of the pen. None of his pitchers were dominating... hell they were all mediocore when he was going good. Only thing he has going for him was good velocity on the fastball but never made the strike zone consistantly and when it did it would get hammered ( fathom thinks contreras's fastball is straight?).

He is just sitting on his ass i would think. He has to be completely rehabbed so it is weird that some team didn't sign him to at least a minor league deal ( alot of times these types of players do and it goes unnoticed for a while).

I also thought he would make it as a reliever... not a ''meanass' reliever... but one of the last two people out of the pen. None of his pitchers were dominating... hell they were all mediocore when he was going good. Only thing he has going for him was good velocity on the fastball but never made the strike zone consistantly and when it did it would get hammered ( fathom thinks contreras's fastball is straight?).

A team did sign Danny Wright -- the Seattle Mariners:

http://www.mlb4u.com/sea.html

Dan Wright: signed deal for 2005 season on 5/5/05

He's currently on the AAA Tacoma Rainiers' roster.

Javier is going to be the best 5th starter is baseball! McCarthy is by far the best spot starter/ 6th starter in baseball, Garland is by far the best #4 starter in baseball (if Ozzie goes that route). Is it April 2nd yet? Only 1 month away from defending the glory! :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :cheers