Favorite WS Game 2 Homer

whitesoxfan101

Which Home Run in Game 2 of the World Series is your favorite?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Home Run in Game 2 of the World Series is your favorite?

• Paul Konerko's Grand Slam
    • Scott Podsednik Walk Off Home Run

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Pods because really, of all the players, off all the pitchers, who would have thought that. I know Lidge was having a bad postseason but Pods isn't Pujols. Plus, I'm a small guy. We smaller guys only dream of hitting home runs like that. Konerko is supposed to hit those homers.

I take Pods because really, of all the players, off all the pitchers, who would have thought that. I know Lidge was having a bad postseason but Pods isn't Pujols. Plus, I'm a small guy. We smaller guys only dream of hitting home runs like that. Konerko is supposed to hit those homers.

Maybe Lidge just threw the one pitch that Boston guy threw in Game 1 of the ALDS

:gosox3: :gosox2: :canada :usa

QUOTE(Soxrock200 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Maybe Lidge just threw the one pitch that Boston guy threw in Game 1 of the ALDS

:gosox3:  :gosox2:  :canada  :usa

I'm fairly certain Lidge threw something that looked like a BP fastball. If that's what the guy from Boston threw then you are correct.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Hehe that's the best part.  In reality, they are 2 of the 3 biggest home runs in team history (along with Blum's) and helped us win the World Series, so this is a silly argument.  Fun times though, I never thought I'd be able to start a poll like this.

I was at the game and it was basically dream like. I honestly couldn't tell you which one meant more to me cause well they both won the game for us. I also have heard that game 2 was the loudest park anyone has ever been to but I couldn't tell you as I couldn't even hear the darn crowd after either homer cause I was just going nuts and was basically in my own world at that time, pure bliss.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
I was at the game and it was basically dream like.  I honestly couldn't tell you which one meant more to me cause well they both won the game for us.  I also have heard that game 2 was the loudest park anyone has ever been to but I couldn't tell you as I couldn't even hear the darn crowd after either homer cause I was just going nuts and was basically in my own world at that time, pure bliss.

I would have loved to have been there man. I thought I could never go to a game that topped Illinois/Arizona in my life, but that would have definitely done it. I wish for that night The Cell would have been domed, it might have been the loudest damn place in the history of sports that night if the noise had nowhere to go.

PK's homerun will be probably the most memorable home run/moment of the entire playoffs.

I think alot of it has to do with the fact that it was the first pitch right after a long commercial break.

It was the exact image that was going through all of our wishful heads during that break over and over and over.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
For whatever reason, I could just see Konerko's home run coming.

Pod's took by by total surprise. Never in a million years could I have seen that one coming.

i had the same feeling when paulie came up. I felt that somehow he would do something amazing. I can barely type about this it just makes me so happy inside. When he hit that ball i had an out of body experience. :crying

QUOTE(Soxrock200 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Of course, what did the rest of yall think, people who haven't joined the thread yet

Pods for sure. I recall jumping up and down and using my high girly pitched scream for that homer. Very unpredictable, therfore very cool :snr

I'll just c'n'p my response in a different thread:

The Paul Konerko seventh-inning Grand Slam in Game Two of the 2005 World Series will go down as my favorite moment in White Sox history. Actually in attendance, the place was just waiting to explode, and, at that very moment, Paulie connects on a first-ball fastball. Being able to enjoy that expierence with my old man, someone who has lived and died with this ballclub, someone who passed his passion for his White Sox on to his oldest son, and someone who needed to break out of an in-person post-season losing streak with his belov'ed Sox, is just indescribable. We were just saying, "hey, how about Paulie comes through and hits a grand frickin' slam," and mid-sentence, Paulie connects. The ball kept carrying, carrying, carrying...the outfielder went back, back, back...and even when that ball landed in the left-field stands, it took a couple moments to realize what exactly just happened. We just looked each other and lost our minds; it was at that very moment that I knew that team was destined to win, not just for themselves, not just for the critcs, but, for all the fans that have been waiting their entire lives for this best-of-seven.

An image frozen in time, an absolute flash-bulb memory, something I'll never forget for as long as I live...seeing our Paulie hit a go-ahead Grand Slam in the World Series with my old man on the Southside of Chicago, rocking out to the "Go Go White Sox" montage and AC/DC's Thunderstuck moments later...

I just got the chills.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
konerkos home run was unlike anything Ive ever seen.

I have never seen a crowd go so nuts.

You got it, my man.

I've never before expierenced an electric atmosphere like that in my entire life. He blew the roof off US Cellular Field. It was mind-blowing.

Indescribable.

I just gotta say Konerko's. When he hit that with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th, it was a "Heck YEAH!" reaction. When Pods hit his, I was more in a kind of fall back in utter disbelief reaction. It took a little bit longer for that one to sink in than Konerko's.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
I would have loved to have been there man.  I thought I could never go to a game that topped Illinois/Arizona in my life, but that would have definitely done it.  I wish for that night The Cell would have been domed, it might have been the loudest damn place in the history of sports that night if the noise had nowhere to go.

If it was domed, then all of us fans there would have been warm and dry instead of cold and wet, who would want that?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Paul for me no question.  Pods was amazing but it was more a relief after blowing the game.

Paulie's was ridiculous.  I don't even know what I did when it happened, I can't remember.  Something about jumping all over random people, etc.

I think I remember what I did. My hands still hurt to the day.

It was also something like

wite: OMFG NUKE YOU f***IN CALLED THAT s***

wite: NO f***IN WAY

Or something to the extent

I remember quite well that it was one of those things you almost expected, but even when it happened, you couldn't believe it. It was just amazing.