Howard, Sirius get sued.

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(samclemens @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
here's why CBS will win. not for the mentions alone, but because stern signed a contract with sirius while still under contract with CBS. Before he left, sirius promised stern 200 million shares of sirius stock if new user quotas were met before he joined sirius. so stern started plugging mercilessly, and low and behold, sirius surpassed their quotas and stern got his 200 millions shares, which he promptly and almost completely unloaded, resulting in stern pocketing over 200 mill. if that is not conspiracy-payola, i dont know what is.

Stern has NOT exercised his options.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Yeah, but exercising his options or not exercising his options wouldn't really be germaine to the case to begin with.

True. Just clearing up the bad information.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
here's why CBS will win. not for the mentions alone, but because stern signed a contract with sirius while still under contract with CBS. Before he left, sirius promised stern 200 million shares of sirius stock if new user quotas were met before he joined sirius. so stern started plugging mercilessly, and low and behold, sirius surpassed their quotas and stern got his 200 millions shares, which he promptly and almost completely unloaded, resulting in stern pocketing over 200 mill. if that is not conspiracy-payola, i dont know what is.

also, calling cbs greedy while not calling stern greedy is rediculous.

I don't recall Stern plugging Sirius on the radio. He kept on saying EH eh Eh instead of sattelite or saying sirius. I don't recall him saying the brand name. I remember him getting suspended for "allegedly" over promoting his move to satellite. Why didn't they just bleep out everything that they felt was being seen as promoting the move? The bleeped out a ton of s*** anyway, I don't see why they couldn't do that.

What would make you say Howard Stern is greedy? Just because he received a 500 million dollar contract? I don't see how that makes someone greedy.