American Idol Predictions

Soxy

I don't see Taylor as becoming a big "hit machine". I can see him making great music, even time-tested music, but not necessarily popular radio type music.

As far as tonight's show goes, I think Kat was much better tonight than she has been in the competition. Not sure if it was the songs or if she just relaxed with the competition no longer. Some may call it cheesy, but I found all the stars singing with the Idols and the songs tonight very entertaining.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw an interesting piece on the local news.....

A woman from San Francisco who was at the Finals at the Kodak Theater last night, chose to fly to Birmingham today to take in "Taylor-mania", as she put it. She said she wanted to come see where the music comes from and experience tonight with the locals. She was at a local club called WorkPlay, which was opened a few years ago by former MTV VeeJay Alan Hunter. It is a musician oriented club where local artists as well as established artists play in front of smaller crowds in a music oriented place.

The woman is writing a book about this season on American Idol, with the focus of a middle-aged woman who caught the fever. She will talk about how she got sucked in to American Idol message boards and chronicle some of the people she has "met" over the course of the year.

Maybe I should write a book about the Sox Championship season and all of my message board "friends"? LOL

Two things:

I'm not a huge fan, only kind of like the guy, but Prince was friggin' killer tonight!

The other thing is that I am really amazed and quite impressed with the Clay Aiken progression. He really looks comfortable on stage, has a strong presence, and actually looks pretty cool now days.

If they poplify him, he won't sell. They have to make something that's in his wheelhouse, similiar to what they did with Carrie Underwood. Actually her stuff is not that bad, either. Now, I wouldn't buy it, but it's pretty decent.

Taylor's biggest fan?

Web Exclusive| Nation

Taylor Hicks' Biggest Fan?

Condi Rice was among the millions who watched the American Idol finale — and her man won

By ELAINE SHANNON/WASHINGTON

SUBSCRIBE TO TIMEPRINTE-MAILMORE BY AUTHOR

Posted Thursday, May. 25, 2006

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice took time out from matters of war and peace to catch this week's finale of American Idol. Unlike many adults who claim they watch the show only because their kids commandeer the TV, Condi is an unabashed fan.

Rice was rooting for fellow Birmingham native Taylor Hicks and will soon send him a congratulatory letter, says a State Department official. The Alabama connection helps explain why she has long been glued to the show: last year's runner-up Bo Bice is also a 'Bama boy, as was the winner of the second Idol competition, Ruben Studdard. But Condi is also part of nationwide Idolmania, as Tuesday night's competition drew some 32 million viewers — the biggest audience of the show's five seasons.

According to the State Department official, Idol isn't the only junk food on Condi's TV diet. She also watches Law & Order and was a fan of The Bernie Mac Show before its cancellation. But while there are no plans at the moment for a Condi-Taylor duet, Idol fans cast a total of 63.4 million votes Tuesday night — which host Ryan Seacrest pointed out was "more than any President in the history of our country has ever received." And since 35% of American Idol fans believe the votes cast in the singing competition count as much or more than in a Presidential election, maybe those itching for Condi to run in '08 will try to get her a guest appearance on the show.