Rowand and the Ring Ceremony

Al Lopez's Ghost

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
I really don't want to see another thread go sour because of people harping on the Frank situation; but the A's have a game the day of the ring ceremony.  That makes it less realistic for him to even be invited.

Didn't a couple of players who showed up in Boston have games that day?

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
I think the way this debacle b/t Thomas and the Sox is going, I don't even think he's going to get his ring personally delieverd by the Sox. They might just stick it in the mail and hope he gets it. What is Brooks Boyer's email? I want to know if Shingo is going to get a ring or not. PM me if anyone has it. Also, are players like Minoso, Aparcio, etc. going to get rings, like the Red Sox did with Buckner and Fisk

Shingo had more saves than Jenks, he will most definitely get a ring.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Frank Thomas is the most deserving of all, and frankely, if he isn't invited, he'll just be another player in a long list of players who have been treated like s*** by the Sox organization.

LOl yeah, we'd never have that ring without Hurt. I have no idea why Sox fans will continue to stand by Frank, nevermind the fact that he could give two s***s about any fan or the Sox.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
Frank was not invited. 

Yet, former players have been.

<_>

If it was KW's idea and you know anyone who speaks to him, tell him I love him but to go screw himself. You don't invite everyone back, but not the team's greatest player ever. I don't care how much of a jackass he acts like.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
I agree with ya.  If it were me, I'd be there.  But I'm not Aaron.  And if he decided that it would be best to not attend, I wouldn't have a problem with it and would understand why he made that decision.  But, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'll be there.

oh, don't get me wrong, if HE does not want to attend that's his call... i wont be mad. but i have my tickets, and if he does show up, i will cheer like a psychopath.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
I agree with ya.  If it were me, I'd be there.  But I'm not Aaron.  And if he decided that it would be best to not attend, I wouldn't have a problem with it and would understand why he made that decision.  But, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'll be there.

It's definitely not a "want" issue. Strictly logistics. 90% sure it'll work out.

As much as I think Aaron should come back, I don't think he will. It sounds as if he's had a hard time adjusting to not being on the Sox, a team he loves, and any progress he has made in terms of moving on could be set back if he came back.

That being said, I'd love to see him and the others back.. yes, even Marte.

As much as I think Aaron should come back, I don't think he will.  It sounds as if he's had a hard time adjusting to not being on the Sox, a team he loves, and any progress he has made in terms of moving on could be set back if he came back.

ya but we got better upgrades. we will have more success, thats the bright side.........

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
As much as I think Aaron should come back, I don't think he will.  It sounds as if he's had a hard time adjusting to not being on the Sox, a team he loves, and any progress he has made in terms of moving on could be set back if he came back.

What do you mean he's had a hard time adjusting? It's a logistics issue having to do with his family that's the issue. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
What do you mean he's had a hard time adjusting? It's a logistics issue having to do with his family that's the issue.  :huh

By adjusting, I mean to a new team. He seemed to be emotionally connected to last years team, and this organization, and coming back to get a ring could be a tough thing for him to do, knowing that he won't be apart of the team this year.

For all I know, he could be fine with it, and gotten past it, but I'm just speculating.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
By adjusting, I mean to a new team.  He seemed to be emotionally connected to last years team, and this organization, and coming back to get a ring could be a tough thing for him to do, knowing that he won't be apart of the team this year.

For all I know, he could be fine with it, and gotten past it, but I'm just speculating.

Is it the same family problem that he was handling about the time he was traded, Steff? If it is, that's a shame. Hopefully, that can all get worked out for him.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
oh, don't get me wrong, if HE does not want to attend that's his call... i wont be mad.  but i have my tickets, and if he does show up, i will cheer like a psychopath.

Even though frank probably wont show the right thing to do is still send the invitation out to him, he was there and was with this organization for a long time and he deserves to at least receive an invitation. If he accepts it then good for him and if not then no big deal.

Rowand should show I wouldnt doubt it, I think the reason he wouldnt show is if hes worried he would get booed or not thats what i would wonder as a player.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
By adjusting, I mean to a new team.  He seemed to be emotionally connected to last years team, and this organization, and coming back to get a ring could be a tough thing for him to do, knowing that he won't be apart of the team this year.

Oh, I understand now. I wasn't sure what you meant at first. He was/is definitely attached to the Sox (players current and especially one former) on a personal level, but professionaly he's doing what he's got to do.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Is it the same family problem that he was handling about the time he was traded, Steff?  If it is, that's a shame.  Hopefully, that can all get worked out for him.

I PM'd ya back. Thankfully that stuff has been resolved.