Nationals playing hardball with Soriano?

SSH2005

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Interesting.  Bowden weighs in on Soriano going on the dq list.  Basically, if he sits out the year, obviously he doesn't get paid.  But moreover, his service time does not increase, so he remains ineligible for free agency after this season.  Bowden:So Alfonso, do you ever want to play baseball again?

You can add to that. Do you ever want to collect a MLB paycheck again?

As big a baby as Soriano is, Bowden is an even bigger dumbass. He made the trade without even mentioning to Soriano he was going to move him, and now he's going to put an already rich as f*** man on the DQ list. Boo-hoo, Soriano doesn't care, he's already rich. Bowden was pathetic in Cincinnati and here he goes again.

LMAO, this keeps getting better

per Roto/qwertyworld

Alfonso Soriano said he had no knowledge that he was supposed to start in left field on Monday. He hasn't decided whether or not he'll play Wednesday.

Two baseball sources told MLB.com that bench coach Eddie Rodriguez wrote two lineups on Monday. Amazingly enough, the one without Soriano's name in the lineup was on the clubhouse bulletin board for most of the afternoon. If possible, the Nationals are handling this whole situation worse than Soriano. It should become clear tomorrow whether or not Soriano will be placed on the restricted list. "I'm going to think about (playing left field). I'm going to talk it over with his wife and agent, [Diego Bentz]," Soriano said. "I want to play, but they have [Jose] Vidro at second base. I will make a decision [on Wednesday morning]." Mar. 21 - 10:06 pm et

This is friggin comical at this point

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
[/b]

There's the rub.  I don't think that would happen.

I agree, I doubt they would let it happen. If anybody could make Soriano look like the good guy in this senario though, it's Jim Bowden. Bowden makes Steve Phillips look like Albert Einstein among GM's, and we know Steve-O currently doesn't have a job due to what he did to the Mets.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp...t=.jsp&c_id=was

Soriano will take the field -- left field

Slugger opts to change positions for game against Cards

By Bill Ladson / MLB.com

JUPITER, Fla. -- Alfonso Soriano has decided to play left field in the Nationals' Spring Training game Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, a team spokesman said.

Soriano, who on Monday refused to take the field for a game against the Dodgers at Space Coast Stadium in Viera, Fla., told MLB.com on Tuesday that he would think it over about playing and he would talk it over with his agent and wife. Apparently he had a change of heart after those discussions.

The Nationals have threatened to request that Soriano, a second baseman during his five full Major League seasons, be placed on the disqualified list should he again refuse to take the field for a game.

That would mean that Soriano would not earn his $10 million salary and lose service time. Soriano is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2006 season, but general manager Jim Bowden said Soriano would lose his eligibility to look for employment elsewhere after the season if he lost service time.

Since being acquired in a December trade with Texas, Soriano had repeatedly said he wants to remain a second baseman and not be shifted to the outfield.