Sox looking to sign Hideo Nomo

SSH2005

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
what for exactly?

Yeah I don't get it. He can't crack the starting rotation and he isn't a lefty. Oh well, I guess you can never have too much pitching.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Exactly what I was thinking but there may be way too many miles on his arm.  He was terrible last season -- too many walks and not enough strikeouts.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player....layer_id=119827

agree completely... BUT it doesn't hurt to try.

EDIT: at least we tagged him for 8 ER over 4.0 innings... very nice.

Edited by Steve9347

Man, of all the arms to give a minor league deal to,

there were like a dozen intriguing (not terribly good but intriguing) possibilities on the undervalued market a few months ago, and we get this guy? If you were going to throw away a minor league deal why not use it on someone with a little more upside you know?

I am not going to lie, I like this a lot. If he doesnt work out we dont lose a single thing. And Kenny has had success finding pitching that no one really wanted (Pollite, Jenks, Hermanson, Shingo, Contrereas, Loaiza). Granted most of these guys were a lot younger, but with Cooper, I wouldnt be surprised if Nomo took over Viz's role of last year. If he doesnt pan out then no big deal, but if he can get his 2002-2003 form back, then I think it was a great pickup. I guess only time will tell, but I am gona go on record right now saying Nomo will be a great surprise to the White Sox bullpen this year.