Bulls waive Tim Thomas

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/thomas_waived_060301.html

Roster now stands at 13

Bulls Waive Tim Thomas

March 1, 2006 — The Chicago Bulls announced today it has waived forward Tim Thomas.

The Bulls’ roster now stands at 13.

Thomas appeared in three games with the Bulls this season and averaged 4.3 ppg and 1.3 rpg in 10.7 mpg.

The 6-10, 235-pounder came to Chicago via trade with the New York Knicks on October 4, 2005.

He will supposedly sign with the Suns soon.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
Does Diaw make a few shots, not rebound, and play zero defense?  If so, yes.  ;)

Diaw actually does it all. He was originally a SG and they have him starting at C IIRC. He's a real nice player. Anyway Thomas will fit in right with the Suns. I rather have kept him though and let him rot. He still gets his cash from the Bulls as long as he goest west, plus the cash he's going to get from the Suns and is going to be playing in the playoffs this year.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
Who wants to be that somehow he'll fit right in on the Suns and turn into another version of Diaw?

Wouldn't suprise me at all. Mike D'Antoni can get anybody to fit into their system, so long as they can shoot and can play in an uptempo style of play.

And this is a chance for Thomas to prove to Paxson and Chicago that he can actually contribute.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
I don't understand why he and Davis had to be included to make the Curry deal work. Both are making 14M this year and have expiring contracts. The Bulls should've just kept him. They make him miserable, prevent him from hurting them, and they get some extra dough to spend this summer.

I've wondered that also - Paxson is always saying that this was the deal that had to be made.

Only explanation is that the Knicks 1) knew that Thomas was a jag and/or 2) demanded Davis be part of the deal