Bulls waive Tim Thomas

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Sigh. If only high schoolers could go pro right away, then it'd be Greg Oden. :banghead

Honestly, I don't think it would be. His financial situation from what I know doesn't have him or his family in dire need of cash. Before they implemented the whole rule, Oden was talking about going to college for awhile and maybe even going until he graduated. I honestly believe he would've been going to college with or without the rule. I also heard somewhere recently, that he stated that he'll stay in college until he feels he'll be ready to make an immediate impact in the NBA his rookie year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Honestly, I don't think it would be. His financial situation from what I know doesn't have him or his family in dire need of cash. Before they implemented the whole rule, Oden was talking about going to college for awhile and maybe even going until he graduated. I honestly believe he would've been going to college with or without the rule. I also heard somewhere recently, that he stated that he'll stay in college until he feels he'll be ready to make an immediate impact in the NBA his rookie year.

In other words...his decision on when to turn pro will depend on who has the #1 draft pick. Happily, we have a pretty statue out front of the U.C. which serves as a pretty good marketing toy.

In other words...his decision on when to turn pro will depend on who has the #1 draft pick.  Happily, we have a pretty statue out front of the U.C. which serves as a pretty good marketing toy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopefully if Skilles realizes that we won't make the playoffs, he should lose a few to improve our pick.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopefully if Skilles realizes that we won't make the playoffs, he should lose a few to improve our pick.

First of all, I don't like the idea of packing it in anyway...every win is a good thing witha young team...but since we're talking about the Knicks picks being the top ones, and the Bulls being at best around 10-15 with their pick, there's even less reason to try to do so. The difference between the 12th and 13th pick IMO just isn't that much.

First of all, I don't like the idea of packing it in anyway...every win is a good thing witha young team...but since we're talking about the Knicks picks being the top ones, and the Bulls being at best around 10-15 with their pick, there's even less reason to try to do so.  The difference between the 12th and 13th pick IMO just isn't that much.

Tell that to Rod Thorn. The player the Bulls wanted to draft the year we got Jordan was taken right before him. There's plenty of difference b/t 12 and 13