What should

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

IMO Heres what the sox should do...THATS IMO ASSHOLES

:bringit

The Sox should let Thomas go via free agency.

The Sox should hook up with Buehrle for long term. (3 years after free agency.)

The Sox should trade Lee for anything if he fails this season.

I think there will be a big makeover this offseason, especially in CF.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Probably because in the past he stated an opinion and got attacked for it.

no.....if that would have happened, then he would just stop fighting all together........... ;) :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

no.....if that would have happened, then he would just stop fighting all together........... ;)  :D

Baaaahhhhhaaaaaa!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;) thought you would like that........ :D

no.....if that would have happened, then he would just stop fighting all together........... ;)  :D

LOL im assuming youre talking about my follower Roman. This board and the comments on it have no affect on me whatsover. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok bmr stop it.. your starting to scare me with all your niceness......... :D i want the old bmr back........please................. :headbang

:ph34r: very  :ph34r: lmao

For years, i was trying to live up to an image(on here) of what others created for me. It started on espn. It grew over at WSI. Everytime i tried to be myself, i would get the exact comments im getting here. People love BMR because its entertaining. Well yeah, it is for me too. The problem is, i let bmr overtake Brian in my everyday life. I fought night and day with who used to be my future wife. I am not saying I am the one to blame, because she is the one who cheated, but it all lead to deep soul searching for me. I realized that shes not the one, but it brought great sadness. I lost my best friend and future wife. Shes not right for me okay, but i lost my best friend. I decided that no other person can truly make us happy and no other person can cause us to react. Its all on us. Well, its all on me and i am going to ensure that i live the rest of my life as a happy person. I wont say that i will be perfect in the future, just dont expect me to be "trolling" as Brando likes to say.

Thomas is guaranteed 22.5 million over the next few years.

That isn't how I understood the deal. I thought it was a series of 4 1 year deals with dual buyout options for both parties. If one party wanted out of the deal they could pay something like $2.5 mil and the rest of the deals were null and void. The talk was that if Frank had a big year he could buy it out and walk away for a huge contract.

All depends on how the options go.

Ya, but if the Sox buyout the final year and Thomas accepts all the options it works out to like 22.5 million guaranteed. It could be more but it can't be less, unless someone else is paying it. Oh man I could only hope they could sucker some other team into him.

That isn't how I understood the deal.  I thought it was a series of 4 1 year deals with dual buyout options for both parties.  If one party wanted out of the deal they could pay something like $2.5 mil and the rest of the deals were null and void.  The talk was that if Frank had a big year he could buy it out and walk away for a huge contract.

You're correct sir. However Reinsdorf likes Thomas, and I don't see many suitors for Thomas, so he'll be here.

Guest hotsoxchick1
For years, i was trying to live up to an image(on here) of what others created for me.  It started on espn.  It grew over at WSI.  Everytime i tried to be myself, i would get the exact comments im getting here.  People love BMR because its entertaining.  Well yeah, it is for me too.  The problem is, i let bmr overtake Brian in my everyday life.  I fought night and day with who used to be my future wife.  I am not saying I am the one to blame, because she is the one who cheated, but it all lead to deep soul searching for me.  I realized that shes not the one, but it brought great sadness. I lost my best friend and future wife.  Shes not right for me okay, but i lost my best friend.    I decided that no other person can truly make us happy and no other person can cause us to react.  Its all on us.  Well, its all on me and i am going to ensure that i live the rest of my life as a happy person.  I wont say that i will be perfect in the future, just dont expect me to be "trolling"  as Brando likes to say.

geez bmr i feel badly for ya now, makes me wanna give ya a hug..

You're correct sir. However Reinsdorf likes Thomas, and I don't see many suitors for Thomas, so he'll be here.

I thought it was a series of one year options, but only Thomas had a buyout and then the Sox have one for the last year.

I wish I had the exact stuff from that time period with me. It was a confusing contract, I remember that.

geez bmr i feel badly for ya  now,  makes me wanna give ya a hug..

Hey BMR. It looks like you got things figured out and I wish ya the best. Glad to see your happy with yourself cause thats what matters.

Now if only the Sox could help make you EVEN more happy. :D

I thought it was a series of one year options, but only Thomas had a buyout and then the Sox have one for the last year.

I wish I had the exact stuff from that time period with me.  It was a confusing contract, I remember that.

The whole thing was confusing. All we need to understand is that he'll be here.

I'll post a few things I found of it...

I wish I had the exact stuff from that time period with me.  It was a confusing contract, I remember that.

I could be wrong for sure. When it was announced that is how we at ESPN.com understood the deal, as far as I can remember...

The White Sox announced Friday that they have agreed to terms with Frank Thomas on a one-year contract for 2003, with three mutual options that could keep the slugger in Chicago through 2006.

Terms of the agreement, which supercedes Thomas' previous contract, were not disclosed by the club, but according to published reports, Thomas is guaranteed $22.5 million. The new contract also includes award bonuses that could push the total to $36 million.

So, beginning in 2004, Thomas and the White Sox hold mutual one-year options, meaning either Thomas or the club can exercise their option for the following season, thereby guaranteeing the contract for another year. If both parties decline their options -- Thomas' option is always at a base salary less than the club's option -- in any year, the slugger will become a free agent.

Some of the key stipulations in the deal:

Thomas has the right to accept or decline his option first. If Thomas declines his option, then the club can either accept or decline its option.

If after the 2003 season, Thomas declines his option and the Sox accept the club option, Thomas can buy out the club and once again become a conditional free agent.

Following the 2005 season, the White Sox can buy out Thomas for the 2006 season, thereby ending the contract.

Thomas will waive his no-trade rights as a 10-and-5 player (10 years in the Majors, five with same team) if the White Sox want to trade him to one of a limited number of teams.

There is no diminished skills provision.