Arizona @ Sox - 3/2 Game Thread

SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
It's too early for that.  I do think that Malone and Reynoso have no chance at the second lefty spot though.  They don't seem to have any control at all.

I heard those two were pitiful--aside from the boxscore which only reinforces the position Malone pitched terribly. I just assume the decision has been made on Almanza and Malone, as well as Bajenaru. For Jeff, he was absolutely torched; and has been every instance of facing major league talent. At which point do you wonder whether he's either a protypical AAAA player, or possibly weak mentally on the mound.

And I didn't mean to indicate Tracey was included because of his performance this afternoon. Although it was fairly poor, he didn't have much of a chance to earn a roster position before today.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard those two were pitiful--aside from the boxscore which only reinforces the position Malone pitched terribly. I just assume the decision has been made on Almanza and Malone, as well as Bajenaru. For Jeff, he was absolutely torched; and has been every instance of facing major league talent. At which point do you wonder whether he's either a protypical AAAA player, or possibly weak mentally on the mound.

And I didn't mean to indicate Tracey was included because of his performance this afternoon. Although it was fairly poor, he didn't have much of a chance to earn a roster position before today.

One or two more bad outings like today will probably spell the end for Bajenaru's chances. But I doubt that today's shellacking was his one and only chance to prove himself this ST.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
But I doubt that today's shellacking was his one and only chance to prove himself this ST.

He'll have more opportunities, that's for sure. But from the small portion of the game I listened to when Baj was pitching, he was hit HARD. This seems to be a reoccuring theme. Add this to the other experiences he's had on the major league level and you can't help but wonder. You can show me his numbers and suggest they indicate talent, but it's much different competiting for a bullpen position on a major league ballclub than pitching for a minor league team.

Jim, TQ, if either of you guys are there, please, please post anything that merits some sort of mentioning. With every spring training that passes, I realize more and more I appreciate what our Soxtalk "Insiders" have to say far more than the beat or national reporters. You guys do a grade-a job and I would consider your baseball prowess to be invaluable. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Jim, TQ, if either of you guys are there, please, please post anything that merits some sort of mentioning.  With every spring training that passes, I realize more and more I appreciate what our Soxtalk "Insiders" have to say far more than the beat or national reporters.  You guys do a grade-a job and I would consider your baseball prowess to be invaluable.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

^^^

I'll second that post. Don't let the morons ruin it for the rest of us. :cheers