Guillen injures wrist, out three months

Phuck the Cubs

VIERA, Fla. -- Nationals outfielder Jose Guillen will be out at least three months because of a left wrist injury.

The news comes less than a week after the team learned that right-hander Brian Lawrence will be out for the season because of a torn rotator cuff and labrum.

Guillen started feeling pain in the wrist two weeks ago, but it grew worse after he took his first batting practice of the spring on Wednesday. X-rays were taken that day and the results were negative. He had an MRI on Thursday, and it was revealed on Friday morning that one of the tendons in the wrist is damaged. Guillen has tenosynovitis of the extensor tendon.

Guillen already is recovering from left shoulder surgery, which he had in November, and he said the shoulder is at 75 percent. He injured the shoulder in June 2005, while sliding into home against the Blue Jays.

Guillen wasn't expected to play in an exhibition game until the middle of March.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

They did offer him that and he turned that too.

Yep, they offered Sosa 1-year, $1 million but it was a non-guaranteed contract. If the Nationals guarantee the money and Sosa's Spring Training performance won't matter, he would probably sign.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
When I saw this headline, I thought "Why does Ozzie need his wrist to manage?"

There's a real obvious Timo joke sitting right there....but if I make it I might wind up banned. So I'll just say it exists and let your minds work.