Kerry Wood to have surgery on right knee

SSH2005

Did anyone catch the update on channel 7news last night? Jim Rose reported that Kerry Wood showed up unexpectedly to camp yesterday and had a small throwing session, one day after surgery.

Oh yeah, and Larry Rothschild has changed his stance, but no one really noticed. He was saying at the beginning of ST that Mark Prior was healthy, and his only setback was in december when he got sick. Last night he said "We hope the program we have him on will have him ready for Opening Day".

Why cant this team be forthright like every other team in the league? Why is it so tough for them to admit the guys they have are hurt? Everyone is going to find out anyways, what is the point in hiding it?

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
How exactlyl does throwing from a chair, help someone in the end??

I dont think it does help. It places more stress on the arm than needed when throwing naturally. I think rothschild just guesses at new techniques.

sounds like everything went well with the surgery....Im really hoping the Cubs pitchers can stay healthy this season... If they are healthy and still lose than maybe we can start hearing new excuses than injuries all the time.

Plus while Ill take our pitching staff any day of the week over the Cubs.... Watching a healthy Wood, Prior, and Zambrano is very enjoyable becomes in terms of stuff they are heads and shoulders above anyone on our rotation besides Contreras maybe.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 06:55 AM)
So Prior doesn't even to get his first chance at a SIMULATED game win until mid March.  Wow....they are being quite careful considering he's perfectly healthy!!

How exactly can they expect a pitcher to be ready for opening day when he doesn't face live batting until like a week and a half before the season starts?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
But its SIMULATED

Granted I don't follow all MLB teams very closely, but it sure seems to me that the Cubs lead everyone in simulated games. Hell, over the past couple of years, it seems like Prior and Wood have thrown more "simulated" innings than real ones.