Hypothetical question

Dam8610

If you could take any player from any team and put them on the White Sox, factoring in age and ignoring salary, who would it be?

For me, it would be Felix Hernandez. A 19 (soon to be 20) year old pitcher who is that talented and already good enough to post a sub 3 ERA in the AL doesn't come along that often.

If anyone decides to post something like: "Who cares, it can't happen anyway", or something along those lines, here's your response: I told you in the topic subtitle that if you didn't want to answer the question to not even bother looking at the thread, so :finger

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sox hadn't signed Thome, I would've said Pujols. But at this point, I think that the Sox could benefit from an established stud closer, so I'd go with either Lidge or Gagne (assuming the injury has had minimal effect).

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Mariano Rivera or A-Rod

One of these years, age just has to catch up with Rivera. I don't know when it'll happen. But he just can't keep getting better every year. He can't have an ERA under .5 when he's 65. One of these years it has to happen...

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
If the Sox hadn't signed Thome, I would've said Pujols.  But at this point, I think that the Sox could benefit from an established stud closer, so I'd go with either Lidge or Gagne (assuming the injury has had minimal effect).

"I don't think that taste is there."

If the Sox hadn't signed Thome, I would've said Pujols.  But at this point, I think that the Sox could benefit from an established stud closer, so I'd go with either Lidge or Gagne (assuming the injury has had minimal effect).

You mean traded for Thome. But yeah, I just changed my answer from Pujols to A-Rod. We are set at 1B and DH but replacing Crede with A-Rod would add a TON of offense without losing anything on defense. If salary matters, I would take Miguel Cabrera at 3rd base.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
You mean traded for Thome.  But yeah, I just changed my answer from Pujols to A-Rod.  We are set at 1B and DH but replacing Crede with A-Rod would add a TON of offense without losing anything on defense.  If salary matters, I would take Miguel Cabrera at 3rd base.

Yes, traded. :banghead

Replacing Crede with A-Rod would be a solid option as well (although I think that Crede might be slightly better defensively).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I think it's more than slightly.

Outside of the ALDS, A-Rod played very well at 3B last season. But he was wretched both defensively and at the plate when it counted the most.

Yep, and that's pretty old for a baseball player. Also, Ichiro only wants to play RF. I would only consider choosing him if he would play CF for us. There are much better players to choose than Ichiro, especially when you factor in age.

Edited by SSH2005